This Collector's Edition will include the latest updated version of Ship Simulator 2008 and the official add-on New Horizons, as well as unique, never-before-seen bonus material such as a 70+ page Captain's Journal of references and a 'Making of' video, giving players a sneak peek behind the scenes during the creation of the Ship Simulator series. This comprehensive package will begin hitting store shelves across the United Kingdom on October 10, 2008.
"We are very happy that the simulation community has embraced the Ship Simulator franchise," said Erik Schreuder, President of Lighthouse Interactive. "With the Collector's Edition, VSTEP has gone above and beyond taking players deeper into the Ship Simulator world, which exemplifies their commitment to fans of the genre."
"With this Collector's Edition, we want to give simulation fans a total immersive experience of the Ship Simulator games," said Frank Dolmans, CMO of VSTEP. "The CE will provide players with hours of fun and realistic simulation gameplay as well as provide them with some unique bonus content to immerse them even more into the game."
Ship Simulator 2008 Collector's Edition is the ultimate sailing simulator box set for PC. Become the captain of one of the most impressive ships in the World and take on the fierce ocean, or sail to an array of well-known ports across the globe. Ship Simulator 2008 Collector's Edition includes both, the much appreciated Ship Simulator 2008 game and the official Ship Simulator 2008 Add-On: New Horizons, which features exciting Online and LAN multiplayer missions. The Collector's Edition is packed with unique, never-before-seen bonus material such as a 70+ page Captain's Journal of references and the 'Making of' video, which gives players the opportunity to sneak a peek behind the scenes at the creation of the Ship Simulator game series. This comprehensive box set is a complete package not to be missed by any simulation fan!
- Captain 24 vessels, from powerboat to tugboat, port carter, oil tanker, superfast personal watercraft… or even the Titanic!
- Walk around on board any ship and examine everything in minute detail
- Sail through some of the Worlds' most famous and detailed ports and locations, including Rotterdam, San Francisco and Marseille, or take on the wild storms of the open sea
- Sail together with your friends and other Ship Simulator fans in Online Multiplayer mode (Internet connection required)
- From beginner level, to advanced - includes fast pick-up & play missions for the sailing fan, to extremely realistic simulation missions for real captains!
- Make use of advanced instruments aboard and experience the impressively realistic sailing characteristics of every ship
- Experience breathtaking adventures and missions in Mission mode, or sail the globe freely experimenting with the ever-changing weather conditions in Free Roaming mode.
For more information about Ship Simulator 2008 or Lighthouse Interactive, please visit www.shipsim.com and www.lighthouse-interactive.com.
- OS: Windows® 2000 / XP / Vista
- CPU: 2,4 GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or equivalent AMD® Athlon processor
- RAM: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended for Windows® Vista)
- Video: DirectX® 9.0c compliant video card with 128 MB RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce 5900 or ATI® 9600 Pro / X600 video card or better recommended)
- PC DVD-ROM and CD-ROM: 4x
- Available Hard Disk Space: 2 GB
- Sound: DirectX® 9.0 compatible sound card
- Multiplayer: LAN or 56 Kbps Internet connection or faster
- Other: Keyboard, Speakers and Mouse with scroll wheel
- Optional Controllers: Joystick, Joypad or Steering wheel