In a city where information is heavily monitored, agile couriers called Runners transport sensitive data away from prying eyes. In this seemingly utopian paradise, a crime has been committed and now you are being hunted. You are a Runner called Faith - and this innovative first-person action-adventure is your story.
Mirror’s Edge delivers you straight into the shoes of this unique heroine as she traverses the vertigo-inducing cityscape, engaging in intense combat and fast paced chases. With a never before seen sense of movement and perspective, you will be drawn into Faith’s world. A world that is visceral, immediate, and very dangerous. Live or die? Soar or plummet? One thing is certain, in this city, you will learn how to run.
Mirror's Edge delivers players straight into the shoes of this modern day heroine as she traverses the vertigo-inducing cityscape, engaging in intense combat, fast-paced chases and challenging puzzles. With a never-before-seen sense of movement and perspective, players are drawn into Faith's world.
A remix album for their highly anticipated title Mirror’s Edge will be digitally released worldwide on November 11th in conjunction with the launch of the game on November 14th. The album features the title track “Still Alive” performed by Swedish rock/pop star Lisa Miskovsky and remixes by some of today’s hottest artists including Benny Benassi, Paul van Dyk, Junkie XL, Teddybears, and Armand Van Helden.
“A groundbreaking videogame demands an equally provocative theme song,” said Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Marketing for EA. “We’ve taken an unprecedented approach to this track, bringing together several of the world’s top remixers to create an album that will not only cross genres and borders, but also redefine how great new music can be delivered to the world.”
Recorded exclusively for Mirror’s Edge, “Still Alive” was written and produced by Rami Yacoub and Arnthor Birgisson who are best known for their chart-topping work with artists Pink, Britney Spears and Kelis. The song was performed by Lisa Miskovsky who earned international acclaim for her #1 self-titled debut album and #1 Platinum follow-up Fallwater. She also won Sweden’s top music awards including Best New Artist, Best Female Artist and Artist of the Year.
“When given the opportunity to work with Lisa, Rami and Arnthor, who are all avid gamers, we knew we had something very special on our hands,” added Magnus Walterstad, Audio Director at DICE. “With ‘Still Alive,’ we created a Mirror’s Edge theme song that is able to stand on it’s own two feet as well as accurately representing the emotional experience of playing the game.”
The complete track listing for the Mirror’s Edge Remix ALBUM is as follows:
- Lisa Miskovsky Still Alive – Mirror’s Edge Theme Song
- Benny Benassi Still Alive – Remix
- Junkie XL Still Alive – Remix
- Paul van Dyk Still Alive – Remix
- Teddybears Still Alive – Remix
- Armand Van Helden Still Alive – Remix
“This is a terrific song from a tremendous new artist,” said Terry McBride, CEO of EA label partners Nettwerk Music Group. “And every one of these remixers responded not only to the power of the track itself, but also to what this project will mean to the continued convergence of music and gaming. Our entire worldwide marketing team is committed to making this a landmark digital release.”
When customers pre-order Mirror’s Edge at Best Buy in the U.S., they can pick up a music CD containing the theme song to Mirror’s Edge and an exclusive remix by Benny Benassi.
Key Features :
- A young woman without a home until she is taken in and trained by the Runners. Your incredible gifts allow you to swiftly navigate the city while eluding those who would try to stop you.
- Heights create vertigo, movements flow naturally, collisions are felt realistically, and muscles and tendons strain as you chase and are chased throughout the city.
- Perform amazing acrobatic moves from below street level, through buildings, and up to the dizzying heights of hyper real skyscrapers as you face off against your enemies or run for your life.
- An exciting mix of chase, intense combat, strategy and puzzles draw you into a world like never before.
Preliminary System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP or Vista
- CPU: Pentium 4 at 2.4 GHz / Athlon 64 2800+
- RAM: 1GB
- Gfx card: GeForce 6 Series with 256MB VRAM or higher, or ATI X1650 (or HD2400)
Mirror's Edge, developed by EA DICE, will ship on Nov. 11 2008 for the PS3, and Xbox 360, while the PC version will folllow later this winter.
More articles about Mirror's Edge