Guilty Gear 2: Overture Prologue (X360)
Guilty Gear 2: Overture Prologue takes the frantic one-on-one fighting game series and combines it with the fierce action of an RTS game! Soon, all fans of the franchise will finally see the continuation of the Guilty Gear saga unfold!
"The mix of action and strategy here offers an experience that can't be found in either genre by itself. Victory isn't ensured with technical skill or tactical prowess alone," said Michael Manzanares, Project Lead, Aksys Games. "The Guilty Gear team has been working countless hours on this title and we're proud with the end result. I hope fans of the series enjoy it as much as I have these past few months."
In the far future, humanity succeeded in developing an endless energy called the divine power. But although they were able to obtain wisdom, mankind could not cast aside their foolishness. Tension among the major powers led to the creation of biological weapons that were based on that power-Gears.
Justice, the only Gear able to command the legions of biological weapons, went berserk and declared war on all of humanity. That was the beginning of the worst war in history-The Crusades.
In response, mankind formed an order of elite knights, and with their participation, Justice was defeated. With her fall, all Gears ceased to function and entered a dormant state. The long-lasted Crusades came to an end, and it seemed like mankind restored peace.
However, true history has yet to reveal itself…
- Tactical Melee Action: Take part in battle alongside your servants and destroy your enemies!
- Over Fifty Servants at Your Disposal: Engage in dynamic battles by balancing resources and deploying troops to turn the tide of battle!
- Dual Language: Experience the thrilling continuation of the Guilty Gear saga with fully voiced dialogue!
- Multiplayer Deathmatch: Team battle or Free-for-all, test your mettle on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network with up to four players!
- Refined Mechanics: Enjoy new items, skills, tweaks, and additional modes not seen in the original import!
Guilty Gear 2: Overture has been rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB.
Ironclads: American Civil War (PC)
Within the limits of each round in consecutive sequence the player and the computer opponent can realize all actions possible within five minutes of real time for each of the ships. During the moment of actions of the chosen active ship all other game units are motionless. Time for decision-making is not limited.
Game locations of real scales are not divided into cells or hexagons. The trajectory of movement of the active ship is determined by laws of physics dirived from speed, size and the shape. Immersion in the game world is carried out by means of two basic key features: historical accuracy of game process and realism.
Historical Accuracy :
- game locations are created on historical maps both other kept documents and descriptions;
- 3D models of the ships base on the drawings original archival or restored by experts, photos, figures and descriptions of the ships participated in war;
- reconstruction of tactics of construction, movement of the ships and conducting fight on the basis of naval doctrines and real battles of steam armoured squadrons and the ships of the middle of 19 centuries.
- use of real specifications: the sizes, contours of the hull, displacement, materials and design, quality and an arrangement of the reservation, speed, acceleration;
- calculations of physical interaction of collision of the ships, floodings and a roll, a shell and the reservation, fire and water at a fire;
- use of the special ballistic calculator on the basis of the given original artillery tables for definition of accuracy, ability to punch the reservation, damage from explosion of a kernel or a shell;
- the morals, training, physical conditions of people, influence on effective actions of the ships;
- absence of requirements is obligatory to carry out tasks for transition to following mission, and also influence of passage of single missions on a result of game create illusion of the true war in which the player can lose or draw.
Ironclads: American Civil War is only available online, order here.