The update brings about two dozen fixes, including improvements to gameplay and several rule tweaks. Additionally, the in-game report window now delivers information on a wider range of game events and the Poland 1939 scenario has been revised with a new more historically detailed order of battle.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “The IQ Software team continues to work hard to improve World War II – Road to Victory based on community feedback. We’re happy to see the ongoing enhancements and we know gamers will enjoy them as well.”
World War II: Road to Victory, the first release from IQ Software, puts the player at the helm of his choice of one or more Axis or Allied nations, including minor nations, amidst a continent torn by full scale war. Combat, production, research and diplomacy are all fully modeled.
A diplomacy system based on political points allows you to sway possible allies to your side. Naval combat includes fleet engagements, elusive raiders and U-Boats as well as a convoy system. Concentrate precious industrial resources on building, training and upgrading a wide variety of combat units from airborne soldiers and armored divisions up to nuclear weapons! Historical leaders enhance the performance of your armies and historical events give you choices that can change the course of history. World War II: Road to Victory is fought across turns that vary in length by season and 25 km hexes with divisions and corps, giving the player a broad strategic picture of the war while still leaving enough room for operational decisions.
This comprehensive update file will bring the game up to version 1.201 and previous save game files are NOT compatible with this version.
- 1939, 1940 and 1941 start date scenarios with unique strategic considerations and challenges
- Simple and intuitive user interface with engrossing historical gameplay
- Play as any one nation or multiple nations at once to experience the war from a unique perspective
- An innovative naval combat model and realistic supply convoy attack system
- A simple yet immersive political point system for diplomatic relations – alienate enemies and solidify ties with allies
- A healthy variety of combat units to command from armoured and airborne forces to strategic bombers and battleships – even nukes!
- Historical events including player choices that can guide and shape the course of the war
More articles about World War II: Road to Victory