Shaun White Snowboarding truly captures the action sports lifestyle. Shaun White Snowboarding is being developed from the ground up for the Wii, taking full advantage of the Wii Balance Board accessory and featuring its own unique storyline and adventure with Shaun White.
The game features open-world mountains across the globe, where players are free to define their own experiences, and express themselves through tricks, unique riding styles, and highly customizable avatars. Players can also hang out with their friends and have fun off the board by throwing snowballs, hiking to access secret spots, and filming their friends doing tricks.
The special Target edition of the game, available on Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii, will have exclusive extended content and features that consumers won’t be able to find anywhere else, including the Target Mountain – an entire mountain environment found only in the Target exclusive edition. Gamers will also be able to take advantage of exclusive jibs, additional scenes and more characters. Additionally, players will be able to cozy up in the game’s virtual version of the Target Chalet, the real-life mountainside home where Shaun and his fellow Target athletes hang out with friends and family at the annual Winter X Games in Aspen, Colorado. Among other exclusive features, the Taget Chalet is the only indoor environment anywhere in the game.
Shaun’s love for classic rock played an important role in inspiring the final list of songs for his video game. Featuring an eclectic mix of genres and artists, the soundtrack flawlessly aligns fresh alternative beats, hardcore rock and old school classics, forming every thrill-seeker’s ideal playlist. Some featured standout artists include Kasabian, Audioslave, MGMT, Heart, Blue Öyster Cult and Bob Dylan.
Below is the full list of tracks featured in Shaun White Snowboarding:
- “The Press Corpse” - Anti-Flag
- “Gasoline” - Audioslave
- “Berlin” - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
- “Weapon of Choice” - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
- “Don’t Fear the Reaper” - Blue Öyster Cult
- “Hurricane” - Bob Dylan
- “Someday Baby” - Bob Dylan
- “Acceptable in the 80s” - Calvin Harris
- “Clean My Wounds” - Corrosion of Conformity
- “Time to Fly” - Dunk
- “We Come 1” - Faithless
- “The Revolution Will Not Be Televised” - Gil Scott-Heron
- “Counting the Days” - Goldfinger
- “Jump into the Fire” - Harry Nilsson
- “Barracuda” - Heart
- “The Fashion (Do or Die)” - illScarlett
- “Anna Molly” - Incubus
- “White Rabbit” - Jefferson Airplane
- “Reason Is Treason” - Kasabian
- “Stuntman” - Kasabian
- “Cult of Personality” - Living Colour
- “Working for the Weekend” - Loverboy
- “Control” - Metro Station
- “Of Moons, Birds & Monsters” - MGMT
- “Time to Pretend” - MGMT
- “Dashboard” - Modest Mouse
- “Stompbox” - Overseer
- “Rock Box” - Run DMC
- “Ill Placed Trust” - Sloan
- “Ring of Fire” - Social Distortion
- “Save Yourself” - Stabbing Westward
- “The Ballroom Blitz” - Sweet
- “Perfect Wave” - The Beautiful Unknown (Formerly Barlow)
- “Keep Loving Me” - The Draytones
- “Waiting for Go” - The Dykeenies
- “Alive & Amplified” - The Mooney Suzuki
- “Great DJ” - The Ting Tings
- “Every Inambition” - The Trews
- “Animal I Have Become” - Three Days Grace
- “Play That Funky Music” - Wild Cherry
- Exclusive storyline: Everybody loves a road trip! You and your crew travel the world to participate in a variety of the largest and craziest events to become a world-renowned athlete. Life on the road to success wouldn't be the same without the support of your friends, who will always be there to help you out and keep your head on your shoulders. Stand together with your friends - both in the game and in the living room - and you will be able to conquer the madness that fame brings.
- Go on a globetrotting adventure with Shaun White as your partner ? Ubisoft worked in close contact with Shaun White in order to infuse the experience with the most authentic elements of his riding style, personality and sense of humor. Shaun will act as a good-natured friend and mentor to the player, hooking him up with the right friends to conquer challenges together, introduce him to new locales, or simply be around to share in a laugh.
- Wii Balance Board Integration: Get yourself into the game like never before by using the Wii Board to control your rider. Control your carves, jumps and grinds with the intuitiveness and fun of having a snowboard in your own living room.
- Everyone plays, no one waits: Engage in a seamlessly integrated multiplayer experience for two to four players, where every player is active in the game at all times.
- Get together your crew: In the world of snowboarding, it pays to have friends on your side. Your crew of friends will always be there to help you by offering you unique abilities to improve both your riding and keeping you grounded with friendly pranks; filming all the antics along the way.
- Fame and Respect: Getting your name out there by doing well as a pro snowboarder is bound to get you some recognition. As your fame grows, so too does your ability to take on bigger and bigger challenges, from new mountains to more prestigious events and competitions. Fame, however, isn't everything. You'll need to gain your friends' respect by riding with style in order to gain their support; they will help you find hidden areas, share their favorite music tracks and keep you laughing.
Shaun White Snowboarding for the PSP and DS allows players to enjoy the thrilling sport of snowboarding anytime, anywhere. Built from the ground up on both platforms, each version includes exclusive and unique features. Using intuitive controls, players can ride and compete on mountains around the world. They can also express their creativity through rides and customization and challenge their friends through wireless multiplayer.
Key features of Shaun White Snowboarding for NDS:
- Carve Your Path Through Huge Mountain Environments – Create your own runs to suit your personal riding style, and choose your path down four open mountains. Each path offers its own risks, rewards and opportunities. Big airs, dangerous carves, thrilling speed runs and huge challenges await!
- Intuitive Stylus Controls – Be in complete control of your rider using intuitive motion–based controls on the Touch Screen. Simply flick the stylus to jump, draw a circle to spin, or slide it across to control your carves. Experiment with a ton of different combinations and get into the game like never before!
- Wireless Multiplayer for Four – Get your friends together for a snowboarding session using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Up to four players can get in on the action at once – compete in races, point competitions, king of the hill and more.
- Customize Your Rider and Your Gear – You can choose a rider to suit your own personal style and complete challenges to unlock decals. These decals will not only be a way for you to customize your gear and show your accomplishments to the world, but will also help you customize your riding style by granting you new abilities. See a particularly cool sticker on a friend's board? Trade stickers with your friends over a local wireless connection!
Key features of Shaun White Snowboarding for the PSP:
- Huge Outdoor World – With five mountains and a variety of slopes, the player will have plenty of room to ride in this outdoor playground.
- Single and Multiplayer Modes – Embark on a solo campaign and explore the wildest mountains of the world, or select and replay specific slope challenges. Innovative multiplayer featuring co-op and competitive modes creates a richer and deeper overall experience.
- Intuitive Controls – Experience a totally intuitive controls scheme, where all tricks and actions are available right from the beginning.
- Unique Scoring System – Speed, trick, slide and carve your way to victory. Points are allotted based on these four actions rather than simply tricking – link these together to increase your skill rewards.
- Skill Development – Earn experience points and build up your rider's attributes to serve your riding style. Use your board and rider to work in unison to conquer the mountain.
Shaun White Snowboarding for Xbox 360 and PS3 will ship on Nov. 16, 2008 with a "T" for Teen, for the PSP and the PS2, and Wii with an "E10+" for Everyone 10 and up rating, while the NDS and PSP versions will ship with an "E" for Everyone.
More articles about Shaun White Snowboarding