Based on Games Workshop's epic and longstanding tabletop fantasy war game, WAR is a unique MMORPG that features revolutionary Realm vs. Realm (RvR) gameplay that will immerse players in a world of perpetual conflict for years to come. WAR has been recognized for its unique play style that appeals to novice MMO players while offering incredible depth for more seasoned players.
“I am thrilled to be working with Hangame to bring Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning to the Korean gamers,” states Mark Jacobs, general manager of Mythic Entertainment. “Warhammer is a remarkably rich and exciting fantasy world and we’ve seen it truly come to life as an MMORPG thanks to the passion and enthusiasm of our fans. By partnering with Hangame, we hope to provide Korean gamers with a fresh, new fantasy experience and years worth of Realm vs. Realm adventures on the frontlines of WAR.”
Wook Jung, Director of Hangame, said that “it is an honor to publish Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning in Korea. It is a true MMORPG masterpiece which has received an astonishing response and rave reviews from critics and gamers around the world. With the addition of WAR to the NHN game platform and global network, we continue to expand our services in order to provide gamers in Korea with high quality games through various channels.”
“I am very pleased about the mutual beneficial cooperation that we have entered into with Hangame and we will give our best efforts to meet the expectation of our gamers as well as maintain the good working relationship with Hangame,” said Savannah Hahn, Vice President of Electronic Arts Asia Pacific and President of Electronic Arts Korea.
- Based on Games Workshop's popular Warhammer fantasy world. Dominated by force of arms and magic, this world provides a rich setting for hundreds of thousands of players to experience the epic nature of war and the glory of battle.
- Join one of six Armies and fight for the Armies of Order (Dwarf, High Elf and Empire) or the Armies of Destruction (Greenskin, Dark Elf, or Chaos). Wage war across three unique battlefronts.
- Next generation Realm vs. Realm game system integrating both PvP combat and PvE quests on the same map in support of the greater war.
- Engage in four levels of RvR combat:
- Skirmishes: Incidental PvP combat
- Battlefields: Objective-based battles in the game world
- Scenarios: Instanced, point-based battles balanced with NPC Dogs of War
- Campaigns: The invasion of enemy lands culminating in the assault on their capital city
- Undertake a wide variety of PvE quest types related to an army's war efforts, including:
- Public quests that benefit from the participation of the entire army
- Conflict quests that pit players against an enemy with opposing goals
- Branching quests that let you choose the outcome of the quest and your reward
- Xmas quests that reward exploration with high value loot
- A robust combat system introduces Player Tactics (earned powers you equip prior to battle) and Morale Skills (combat options that increase in power when the momentum of battle is in your favor).
- Player models that change to reflect the relative power of a character (i.e., Orcs grow in size and Dwarfs' beards get longer). Customizable armor and a visual guild system allow a player to make their character truly unique.
- Embark on an epic quest to complete the Tome of Knowledge and unlock Warhammer lore, detailed monster information, and major story plotlines.
- Online play requires a subscription and Internet connection.
More articles about Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning