Men of War takes place in Europe and North Africa during the height of World War II, the story unfolding across three different campaigns played out through the eyes of Soviet, Allied and German soldiers. Each campaign has its own scenario and structured timeline bringing a different story of the war to life.
The main Soviet campaign sees two student comrades, Smirnov and Kuznetzov, join the army and quickly become brothers in arms as they rise through the ranks and experience the rigours of war. The whole story unfolds across three campaigns, with five German and five Allied missions completing the trilogy, each telling a different story of WWII spanning across Russia, North Africa, Ukraine, Greece, Germany, Italy and the Pacific.
Men of War will feature no less than twenty new units to play with, including new designs on tanks, APCs and heavy guns. Dynamic in-game video enhances the single player missions, while the sounds of war have been given new range with over one hundred new sound effects of weapons and combat gear, recorded under real operating conditions. The single player campaign will also feature a fully customizable user interface, so players are able to have their command layout just as they please.
- Three evolving storylines in the Soviet, Allied and German armies, comprising 19 missions in 3 campaigns
- 7 bonus missions for different sides of the conflict
- More than 50 new units to use in multiplayer mode
- Direct control system. Take over the control of every single soldier, or drive tanks and other vehicles, set up ambushes with antitank guns and blow your enemies up with precise and deadly aimed shots at their weak spots
- System of ratings and statistics for every participant in multiplayer mode
- New nation in multiplayer mode - Japan
- Revised controls interface – customizable and easier to use
- New multiplayer maps and 2 new game modes
- Highly detailed WWII environments and characters and faithfully recreated with a cutting-edge graphics engine
Men of War is scheduled for a summer 2008 release around the world.
More articles about Men of War