In the online multiplayer session-based game, rival teams will compete against one another for victory on highly stylized battlefields and landscapes. The title combines elements of role-playing and strategy genres with addictive battle action that brings accessible, replayable, competitive gameplay into a whimsical universe that deepens with the player’s commitment.
After an age of warfare, the superpowers of the land of Valoran have come together to form a governing body that will settle all disputes behind the closed doors of the Institute of War. Their task is a noble one — to lift the impossible weight of bloody war off the shoulders of the world and place it upon a select few — The League of Legends. On the Fields of Justice, legendary Champions forge alliances and resolve their differences in battle arenas. In the League there is one rule that reigns over all else: Winner rules all.
In League of Legends, players take on the role of a persistent Summoner avatar that gazes upon the battlefield from above and influences battles by taking command of a chosen Champion. During each online multiplayer play session, gamers will choose one of dozens of unique Champions wielding diverse skills and abilities, and engage in fast-paced team-oriented combat to bring their foes to ruin. Champions will gain levels, items, and abilities that enable them to slay their opponents and augment the strength of their allies by battling with enemy minions, foul beasts, deadly turrets and enemy Champions. Players also advance their Summoner’s rank and power to gain new abilities and items, assisting their Champions in battle.
League of Legends emphasizes team-oriented gameplay and players must work together in order to defeat the opposing team. Players will be able to communicate easily through in-game lounges and chat rooms, and forums will act as a conversational hub for a wide variety of discussions amongst community members. League of Legends will feature custom-built multiplayer support including matchmaking, stat tracking, clan support, anti-cheat systems, dedicated in-game ladders and Leaverbuster technology. In addition to extensive multiplayer features, League of Legends will include a single-player mode where players can learn how to play and practice new strategies by engaging robust Bot-AI.
Kayle, The Judicator
Many ages ago in the distant Heavens, Kayle, a free-spirited Archangel of Fire had challenged the rigid principals of the high order.
In the Holy Regiment, orders are to be faithfully followed and questioning them is synonymous with mutiny. Kayle had grown weary of executing mission after mission on faith instead of reason. She knew in her heart that she fought for good, but she was sick of following orders without understanding them. “Why?” she finally asked. “Why not strike them harder and end this war now and forever?” and in an instant she was engulfed in a searing flash of light followed by complete darkness as she lost consciousness.
She came to, face down, in the damp green fields of Valoran, slowly realizing that her world had been turned upside down forever.
The Demons were quick to capitalize on her misfortune.
They had been growing an army of Fallen Angels and they knew Kayle’s strength could be amplified by their dark arts. In the middle of her first lonely night on Valoran, she was awoken by a wispy Phantom Incubus who spoke of a path to tremendous power. Even with her holy links severed, her stubborn will and pure heart remained unseduced. Before the creature could finish its proposal it was met by a swift, fiery slash and fell helplessly into a dead heap. It would be the first of many as Kayle was no longer bound to any code, but her own.
- Reckoning (Active) – Strikes a target with a blast of holy energy, dealing a large amount of damage. Additionally, leaves a “Reckoned” debuff on the target for a few seconds. If a player casts a spell while Reckoned, they become stunned.
- Eye for an Eye (Active) – For the next few seconds, all damage that Judicator takes is reciprocated in an area of effect around her, dealing damage.
- Intervention (Active) – Targeted buff, castable on any friendly Champion. Decreases the gold loss from death and reduces the amount of time spent dead.
- Righteous Fury (Active) – Kayle changes from Melee to a Ranged Champion. Her sword alights with holy flame, granting her physical attacks a ranged AoE attack. Additionally, Kayle gains bonus movement speed and bonus damage.
- Divine Blessing (Passive) – Increase nearby allies’ attack speed.
Key Features :
- Play as dozens of unique Champions with diverse skills and abilities while engaging in fast-paced team-oriented combat.
- Compete in a variety of highly stylized and unique handcrafted battle scenarios.
- Create your own persistent Summoner avatar and customize your appearance through achievements that you earn in game.
- Advance your Summoner in rank and power to gain skills and abilities that give you an edge in battle.
- Join clans and teams to compete with other players in tournaments and organized leagues.
- Assemble Legendary items for your Champion by forging together basic items you obtain on the battlefield. Choose from over 200 uniquely crafted items to augment your Champion's power.
- Robust matchmaking and detailed stat tracking help to ensure balanced games for new players and veterans alike.
- Unlock new content through persistent gameplay and mastering the game.
- Integrated LeaverbusterTM technology helps ensure people stay for the whole game!
- Participate in the creation of League of Legends through our Suggestion Engine the community will have an unprecedented voice in what new content is created and implemented into the game.
And much, much more...
The League of Legends community will feature an abundance of ongoing events including tournaments, leagues and contests. The Riot development team will open their doors for community input, allowing gamers to have their opinions heard, have their ideas implemented in League of Legends and continue to shape the game as it evolves post-launch. Gamers can already join the community forums to begin tracking the new title, engage with the Riot team and other players and become a part of the development process for League of Legends.
League of Legends is being designed by a decorated group of developers with credits that include PC & console blockbusters, as well as part of the team that created the popular Warcraft 3 mod DotA-Allstars.
More articles about League of Legends