Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge is a turn-based strategy that puts you command of a squad of specialists for hire in the genre’s biggest game-world yet: the African country Diamond Coast. Found in one of the world’s darkest corners, Diamond Coast is a playground for the cruel and corrupt, each with their own agenda. Choose your friends wisely and buy an army of ruthless mercenaries to unleash mayhem on the African countryside. Choose “jobs” from different factions and complete them for cash to upgrade weapons and hire more elite soldiers of fortune.
Tons of firepower will let your team destroy anything standing, but smooth talk and a wad of bills can also go a long way towards ensuring success. With multiple story lines and endings, you’re in total control of your own fate
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge combines an addictive tactical mode reminiscent of previous great tactical games with a strategic mode that lets the player choose where to go and what to do, as well as equip and train all of their soldiers for maximum effectiveness. Hired Guns takes a solid and proven game concept and expands on it to create a wholly new but still familiar experience.”
Even life and Death have a price when you are a Hired Gun living on the Jagged Edge!
- Ally with up to four different factions for unique bonuses.
- Crush your enemies with over 150 upgradeable weapons.
- Hire over 30 mercenaries with various specialties and skills.
- Destroy everything in your path with a fully interactive world and realistic physics.
- Gain territory with brains, brawn or cold hard cash.
- Determine your own fate with multiple storylines and endings
- Train your mercenaries to becomes experts at their craft or create all-around soldiers effective at every facet of combat.
- Attach special equipment to weapons like laser sights, scopes, grenade launches, and more to maximize their lethality.
- Smooth talk your enemies into working for you with the right combination of intimidation, wisdom, and money.
- Survey terrain and buildings in a fully 3D tactical mode. Zoom up close and personal to your mercenaries or back from the action to get a larger picture of the battle.
- Complete side missions to gain extra cash or loyalty
- Upgrade captured territories with extra defense or squeeze more cash from them with new facilities and upgrades.
Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge will hit stores in time for the holiday season at Game Stop, Circuit City, Best Buy, and other fine PC game retailers and on the Matrix Games Online Store in late November!
More articles about Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge