Starring Vin Diesel in Wheelman, you’re on the run from the mafia in the U.S. and returning to Barcelona, a place where you have a dark past and criminal gangs infest the city. It’s your job to set the factions against each other to cover a daring heist. With a focus on over-the-top, intense vehicle combat, build your reputation by undertaking missions, taking part in challenging events, all the while looking to pull off stylish, extreme driving stunts. Midway is working closely with Vin Diesel and Tigon Studios to create an all-new property that is expected to eventually lead to a feature film, with a script that is already in development.
Combining spectacular Hollywood-style stunts with a gripping storyline, Wheelman provides an adrenaline-fueled, cinematic thrill ride guaranteed to leave you breathless. Vin Diesel stars as an undercover agent and highly skilled driver who must infiltrate the Barcelona underworld to gather intelligence surrounding a covert heist. Posing as a driver-for-hire, he ends up caught in a crossfire of corruption and chaos while trying to stay one step ahead of local law enforcement and rival gangs. Vehicle Melee allows gamers to sideswipe pursuing enemies with a simple flick of the joystick Wheelman’s devastating “slam-n-ram” maneuvers can be carried out in all directions, just like you’d see in a Hollywood-style car chase.
“We’re designing Wheelman to play like a Hollywood blockbuster,” said Vin Diesel, Wheelman star and executive producer, Tigon Studios. “Playing this game will be just like taking control of the greatest car chases from feature films, except this time you’re in the driver’s seat.”
“Featuring Vin Diesel and set in Barcelona, Wheelman is a title with enormous sales potential ,” said Martin Spiess, executive vice president, international of Midway Games Ltd. “We’re making a multi-million dollar marketing investment to make sure that gamers around the world are ready when Wheelman goes on sale worldwide, which we have planned for February 2009.”
“This is not just another run-of-the-mill, licensed Hollywood knock-off,” said Matt Booty, president and CEO, Midway. “Wheelman features revolutionary new game design mechanics like cinematic super moves and vehicular combat. Once you experience Wheelman’s Vehicle Melee, you’ll never want to play another driving game without it!”
- Action film megastar Vin Diesel and his Tigon Studios are again blurring the lines between entertainment mediums, this time collaborating with Midway in the design and production of WHEELMAN to ensure an edge-of-your-seat gaming experience. Diesel’s voice and likeness will appear as the game’s main character, expert Wheelman Milo Burik.
- Wheelman delivers rubber-burning, asphalt-churning excitement that will take gamers on a white knuckle thrill ride that unfolds throughout the streets of Barcelona. Featuring car chases inspired by Hollywood’s most famous action-sequences, Wheelman will deliver powerful cinematic moments throughout the game’s compelling storyline.
- Survive death-defying feats by performing pulse-pounding maneuvers that only an expert Wheelman can pull off. Pull off a Cyclone and spin the vehicle 360 degrees while precision firing at your enemies.
- Sideswipe pursuing enemies to get them off your tail, execute devastating maneuvers for maximum motor vehicle carnage, or grab your gun and start blasting right through the windshield.
- Commandeer a semi truck to leave your mark on the city. Escape down a narrow alleyway on the back of a tricked-out motorcycle. Hop behind the wheel of exclusively licensed vehicles and make your getaway in style.
- Even the best Wheelman sometimes needs to get out of the vehicle. Take to the Barcelona streets for on-foot action – but make sure to remember your guns.
- Set in the exotic location of Barcelona, Spain. This classic European city is densely populated with traffic and pedestrians that react intelligently to your actions as you roam around realistic environments filled with massively destructible objects.
More articles about Wheelman