Zeno Clash is an action/fighting game set in a punk fantasy world. The game blends the first person genre with the fighting game genre and the combat is generally up close and brutal. The original visuals, which make full use of the Source engine features, are a refreshing deviation from traditional fantasy games.
"We are excited to reveal new details about what our fans can expect when Zeno Clash launches early next year," said Andres Bordeu, Founder and Lead Designer at ACE Team. "Zeno Clash will offer a unique blend of first person and fighting game genres with fantastically bizarre characters and unbelievable visuals topped off with an incredibly compelling storyline."
The unprecedented art style of Zeno Clash brings a fresh new approach to the first person genre with surreal environments and characters.
Zeno Clash is a story driven game with players assuming the role of Ghat; the son of an extraordinary hermaphrodite creature called Father-Mother, whose children form the most powerful clan in the city of Halstedom. Ghat must escape from his family and go an incredible journey with his female companion Deadra, who will aid him in the dangerous lands of Zenozoik. In the game, players will experience an unusual arsenal of weapons built from scraps and junk. Some of the distinct weapons include dual wielding guns, a musket, skull bombs and more.
The game's custom soundtrack offers a beautiful musical score that is as varied as the game's settings. Zeno Clash will also feature Achievements to keep more demanding players happy while extending the game's re-playabilty.
The game also includes engaging Melee Combat that is up close and personal, allowing players to perform a variety of movements like deflect & elude combos, knockback finisher punches and punishing grab attacks. Players can also challenge a variety of unfriendly characters that will attack with their own unique fighting techniques and tricks as new attacks are learned.
- Fantastic visuals powered by the source engine: Players will be immersed in a fantastic world, beautiful and disturbing at the same time. The unprecedented art style brings a fresh new approach to the first person genre. The surreal environments and characters will keep player’s wanting to discover more. Discover the anarchic city of Halstedom, a green skied desert with impossible rock formations, the exotic woods where the nihilistic rejects live, and other incredible locations. The diversity of the world will capture the attention of everyone seeking something truly original.
- Engaging melee combat: The combat in Zeno Clash is up, close & personal. The new melee combat system allows players to perform a variety of movements like deflect & elude combos, knockback finisher punches and punishing grab attacks. The depth of the combat system will put player’s skills to the test. Challenge a variety of unfriendly characters that will attack you with their own fighting techniques and tricks. Learn new attacks as the game progresses and confronts you with more formidable foes.
- Deep storyline: Zeno Clash is a story driven game. Player’s will play the role of Ghat; the son of a impressive hermaphrodite creature called Father-Mother, who’s children form the most powerful clan in the city of Halstedom. Ghat must escape from his family and start an incredible journey with his female companion Deadra, who will aid him in the dangerous lands of Zenozoik. Unlike most fantasy stories with an obvious distinction between good and evil, Ghat’s motivations could be rebelliousness or revengeful. As new information about Ghat's past is revealed by playing in different timelines, players can make their own judgment.
- Bizarre weapons: An unusual arsenal of weapons is available for those who can manage to keep the enemy at a range. The eccentric weapons are built from scraps and junk, but they are most effective when used properly. Enemies will do their best to keep the player from having the advantage of fighting from a distance. Dual wielding guns, a musket & skull bombs are just a sample of the weapons the player will find on their journey. Hammers and clubs will be the most effective when fighting heavy characters that can only be brought down with extreme force.
- Beautiful soundtrack: The beautiful musical score is as varied as the game’s settings. The original soundtrack will keep players immersed in the different environments and key parts of the story.
- Achievements: Zeno Clash features achievements to keep more demanding players happy while extending the game’s re-playabilty. Achievements will require players to put their skills to the test.
Zeno Clash will be available in Q1 2009. In addition to its availability via Steam, ACE Team is currently in the process of securing a retail publishing partner in the US and Europe.
More articles about Zeno Clash