Brothers in Arms Hell’s Highway brings the critically acclaimed squad-based WWII shooter into the next generation of gaming with amazing graphics and sound, new cutting-edge gameplay features and a totally redesigned online component.
Delivering on the franchise’s compelling story, unrivaled authenticity and intense squad-based action, Brothers in Arms Hell’s Highway drops you into Operation Market Garden, the largest paratrooper operation in World War II.
Brothers In Arms: Hell’s Highway Original Soundtrack features the dramatic and emotionally poignant symphonic score composed by Ed Lima (Prey, Doom 3) and Duncan Watt (Need For Speed: Pro Street). As in the previous Brothers In Arms games, no music is featured during gameplay. Instead the score is focused on supporting the story and accompanies the cut-scenes and menus in the game. The music was recorded with the FILMharmonic Orchestra and Choir at the prestigious Dvorak Hall of Rudolfinum in Prague.
“The Brothers In Arms series of video games has always taken upon itself the responsibility to treat our nation's heroes and history with all the respect and honor they are due. It's an imperative that permeates every facet of Gearbox Software's development of this series,” said Ed Lima, Audio Director and Composer at Gearbox Software. “The music underscores the relationships that exist between these brave men, highlighting their connections, their trust in each other, and for some, their tragic ends.”
- Main Theme
- The Story So Far
- Baker’s Dozen
- Double Time
- The First Bad News / Letters To Loved Ones
- For Matthew
- We Happy Fewer
- Eindhoven/Roadblocks/Frankie's Choice
- Those We Lost
- Farewell Is Goodbye.
- The classic authentic, squad-based combat series explodes on next-generation hardware, offering unprecedented graphics and features.
- Join Matt Baker, Joe Hartsock and the rest of the 101st Airborne Division in Operation Market Garden as they fight to open the infamous Hell’s Highway in a daring bid for a quick end to the war.
- Get orders from HQ, go on patrol, spot the enemy and set up a devastating ambush. For the first time, finding the enemy before they find you is part of the challenge.
- Lifelike characters look, talk, move and think with incredible realism. Game characters interact with the player and each other like true brothers in arms, trading ammunition, helping wounded allies and civilians, working together to man team-operated weapons, and more.
- As the squad leader, you interact with and get to know your brothers. Each character has his own distinct personality, unique story and background, and grows throughout the game.
- Players can use or command combined arms teams – machine gun crews create intense fire, bazooka crews destroy buildings and tanks, and mortar crews pound the enemy from a distance.
- Players can choose to use their squad to execute a tactically elegant flanking maneuver or charge in with guns blazing.
- Keep your men moving and choose your cover wisely – modeled using real physical properties and behaviors, weapons will damage, dent, scorch and destroy the world around you.
- Fight major multiplayer battles with dozens of players on each side, combining all the intensity and accessibility of Deathmatch with the squad-based gameplay that helped make Brothers In Arms famous.
- Supported OS: Windows XP SP3/Windows Vista SP1 (only)
- Processor: 2.6 GHz dual-core (3 GHz for Intel Pentium D 925)
- Memory: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
- Video cards: 128 MB DirectX 9.0c compliant, Shader 3.0 enabled, ATI RADEON X1600/1650/1950/HD 2000/3000 series and NVIDIA GeForce 6800/7/8/9 series
- DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0 (on disc)
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0 compliant
- Hard Drive Space: 8 GB
- Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway will ship to stores in North America on Sept. 23, 2008 for $59.99.
More articles about Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway