The House of the Dead: Overkill uncovers the ugly, terrifying, red hot secrets behind the House of the Dead; the daddy of all over-the-top shooters. While staying true to the classic gameplay this hugely successful SEGA series is getting a new retro look, with distinctive graphics, sound and attitude that will add to its horror cool status. Plus, thanks to the Wii Remote, players will fight off zombies when they get too close; pistol-whipping jaws off and smashing in skulls with their shotgun butt.
The House of the Dead: Overkill charges you with mowing down waves of infected, blood-thirsty zombies in a last-ditch effort to survive Bayou City and uncover the horrific truth behind the origins of the House of the Dead.
Survival horror as it’s never been seen before! A pulp-style take on the classic SEGA light-gun shooter series. Back when the famous Agent G was still fresh out of the academy, he teamed up with hard-boiled bad-ass Agent Washington to investigate stories of mysterious disappearances in small-town Louisiana. Little did they know what blood-soaked mutant horror would await them in the streets and swamps of Bayou City.
“Prelude to an Overkill” tells the fateful stories of Agent Washington and Varla Gunns, on the night before the violent and shocking events of the game. Illustrated by Steve Copter, of dissident punk band ‘Black Mekon’, this specially-commissioned comic is only available in The House of the Dead: Overkill Collector’s Edition.
- Pulp Funk Horror: Zombie cool, one of the most popular shooter classics injected with a whole new retro b-movie look.
- An utterly in-your-face zombie-dismembering blast: Non-stop light-gun style action on Wii, blow apart zombies for high-score thrills.
- Superb co-op action on Wii: Bring a friend and play the game as intended in your own buddy action movie as two of the meanest characters in video gaming.
- Relentless, gore-drenched, over-the-top action: Only the coolest, most cold-hearted agent’s going to keep his head against the zombie flood. Use “Slow-Mofo Time” to make the perfect head-popping shot and “Evil Eye” to spot moments of opportunity that’ll send the whole environment up in flames.
- Wiimote reactions: Get knee-deep in the dead with motion-sensitive Wii-controls. Shuck a shotgun and when the zombies get too close, pistol whip jaws off or cave some heads in with the stock of your pump-action – all in stomach-churning close-up.
More articles about The House of the Dead: Overkill