Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix online modes include Player or “Quarter” Match, Ranked Match, and Tournament Mode. The Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Beta will run for approximately eight weeks. The Capcom arcade classic receives a whole new look as Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix comes to both the PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE this fall. Capcom will maintain the integrity of the popular game by utilising the original game code while upgrading the graphics with new artwork and high resolution 1080p images. Again, all of the art, from character animation to stage backgrounds, will be completely redrawn by Udon Entertainment, the company responsible for the US Street Fighter series of comics. Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix will include both online and offline competition for one or two players.
Key Features :
- All new 1080p high-definition art for Street Fighter characters and backgrounds created by Udon Entertainment, creators of the Street Fighter comic books.
- Features all 17 of the original Super Street Fighter II Turbo characters including Ryu, Guile, M. Bison and Akuma.
- New optional “Rebalanced” Mode: massive changes across the board to all Street Fighter characters as created and tested by some the world’s top-ranked professional Street Fighter players.
- One to two player head-to-head play either offline or online:
- Single player vs. CPU.
- Player vs. player over the same console.
- Player vs. player online.
- Training mode helps fighters hone their skills.
- Improved network code for the best possible online fighting game experience.
- Numerous online features:
- In-game voice chatting between players.
- Matchmaking flexibility through multiple options.
- Personal and friends statistics tracking.
- Quarter Match Mode – this spectator-based system allows online competitors (two competitors and up to four spectators) to use a “virtual quarter” to buy into heated two-player matches.
- Comprehensive worldwide rankings and leaderboards by character - tracks overall wins and losses, number of throws, perfects, highest combos and more.
- Widescreen support with option to select classic 4:3 mode for SF purists.
- Choose from either classic Super Street Fighter II Turbo music or optional newly remixed tunes.
- Option to play as the original Super Street Fighter II Turbo 2D sprites for traditionalists.
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix will be available on XBLA and PSN starting Nov. 26/27, 2008 for 1200 Microsoft Points or $14.99.
More articles about Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix