The Disney Interactive Studios Japan and Jupiter Corp. team that created the game picked their favorite creatures to make available for downloading. Once players achieve the ability to use the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection in their Spectrobes: Beyond The Portals game, they can access the Wi-Fi Download feature.
The list of creators’ favorite creatures available for downloading follows. All creatures are Level 40:
- Komanoto (Selected by Kentaro Hisai, Producer): “I used Komanoto during all the battles I fought during my global media tour this fall and took a liking to the creature’s battle skills and I fared well in those.”
- Hapazoa (Selected by Yasutaka Kimura, Associate Producer): “He disappears and then strikes the enemy just like a Japanese ninja. Evolve him and train him into a master ninja.”
- Zaamaru (Selected by Adam Evanko, Associate Producer/Localization): “At level 99, he is the most powerful Spectrobe in the entire game, even stronger than his evolved form, so keep him as is. I love power.”
- Rygazelle (Selected by Tetsuro Hosokawa, Director): “He is so cool looking and easy to use for beginners. He makes up for any loss of power with his awesome speed.”
- Masetosu (Selected by Agaru Tanaka, Planning Director): “He’s modeled after a fighting android, which I think is really cool. He’s a great distance fighter, but has a weak defense, which is why this one comes with defensive parts equipped.”
- Sametosu (Also selected by Tanaka-san): “This is the most destructive and powerful Spectrobe in my opinion. Pair him with the Masetosu that I selected and you have a virtually unbeatable team.”
- Montrados (Selected by Hayato Fukunaga, Battle Planner): “He’s fast, powerful and well balanced. He’s great for hit and run tactics and a great all-around Spectrobe for wireless battles.”
- Inkaflare (Kouji Kiriyama, Art Director):“He’s armored like a tank. He may be slow but nothing feels better than mowing down enemies with his powerful punches.”
Players can accrue 10 points per week when they access the Nintendo Wi-Fi feature in Spectrobes: Beyond the Portals. Each of the content items available this week costs one point.
Spectrobes: Beyond The Portals for NDS continues the story of Rallen and Jeena, interplanetary patrol officers who discover, excavate, awaken and train mysterious fossilized creatures known as Spectrobes and then use them to battle enemies. The story surrounds the origins of mysterious portals that lead to distant dimensions.
Developed by Kyoto, Japan-based Jupiter Corp., the studio behind Spectrobes, Spectrobes: Beyond The Portals has a wealth of new features, including an entirely new story; a new three-dimensional perspective; a map to assist with exploration; new excavation and battle features; more creatures; and the debut of an online battle system utilizing the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Spectrobes: Beyond The Portals also includes DGamer, Disney Interactive Studios' innovative new technology that provides a fun, connected online game community for Disney video game fans.
In Spectrobes: Beyond The Portals, players can take on the role of either Rallen or, for the first time, Jeena. Jeena uses her research and technological skills so the duo can solve puzzles and complete their missions.
With the game's inclusion of DGamer, players can customize a unique 3D avatar, earn exclusive Disney content, interact and chat with their friends via their Nintendo DS using the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection or on a computer through the Disney.com website. DGamer is the first online community developed exclusively for Disney Gamers and will be offered in North America in Nintendo DS games from Disney Interactive Studios with a future launch scheduled in other global regions.
More articles about Spectrobes: Beyond The Portals