RACE Pro recreates a breathtaking reality giving gamers the ultimate racing simulation experience, all powered by Lizard, SimBin's own physics engine. With precision physics and handling, racers will feel every bend and burst of acceleration along with every emotion from pre-race tension in the pit lanes to the exhilaration of capturing the checker flag. RACE Pro provides unrivalled realism and deep immersion into the racing world through ultra realistic car models and official FIA championships and tracks. Putting players in the driving seats of their simulated racing careers, racers will have the opportunity to work their way up the leader boards through intense training and winning key races. RACE Pro has something for everyone, allowing players of all levels to pick up and play, while offering challenging tracks and advanced modes for the more experienced players.
RACE Pro offers a wealth of cars ranging from 200 to over 1000 horse power, as well as a host of championships including WTCC (World Touring Car Championship), Formula 3000 and Formula BMW. GT cars from manufacturers including Aston Martin and Saleen take their place on the grid as well as production cars such as the Audi R8 and Dodge Viper SRT10. In addition, RACE Pro is exclusively bringing all the WTCC cars from manufacturers Alfa Romeo, BMW, Chevrolet and Seat to Xbox 360 for the very first time. For a blast of accessible fun, the Mini Cooper Challenge invites players of all abilities to take the wheel.
Gamers and racing fans alike will experience the thrill of racing these powerful cars on 13 real life tracks covering all continents, of which Macau, Porto and Pau are exclusive to RACE Pro, and US tracks Laguna Seca and Road America are brand new to SimBin fans.
Road America is one of only a handful of road circuits in the world which has maintained its original configuration of 6.515 km in length and 14 turns since it first opened in 1955. The track is located in Wisconsin, USA, halfway between the cities of Milwaukee and Green Bay.
The track has many elevation changes, fourteen turns, and a long front straight where drivers can reach speeds up to 300km/h. Road America is a very challenging track with high speeds gained on the long straightaways offset by hard braking zones and subtle turns that can catch out even the most seasoned drivers. Finding the ideal braking zones takes time and practice, but mastering these can help gain crucial tenths of a second vital in winning races at Road America.
One of the best known features of this course is a turn on the backside known as the "kink” following the 180 degree turn called the “carousel”. The “kink” is a wild corner that should be tackled with caution and respect as it is sharper than it looks, has walls on both sides and no run off. Start by braking, and then work up to just lifting as you become familiar with it.
Online play via Xbox Live and System Link support lets up to 12 players take on equally high-powered opponents and test their skills to the limit to reach the finish line ahead of the pack. For friends closer to home, the brand new 'Hot Seat' feature puts players in the driving seat for a limited amount of time before passing the controller to the next player and so on, demanding exceptionally quick reactions and precision racing from even the most seasoned drivers.
Key Features :
- Thrilling Driving Experience: Players will feel every bend and burst of acceleration as well as every emotion from pre-race tension in the pit lanes to exhilaration on the podium.
- Unrivalled Racing World Realism: Users will be deeply immersed into the racing world with ultra realistic car models, official championships and tracks. Participants work their way up the leader boards through intense training, winning key races and securing valuable sponsorship deals.
- ‘Hot Seat’ Feature: Brand new to RACE Pro, this feature brings social racing to the living room for the first time as players are put in the ‘hot seat’ for a limited amount of time before passing the controller to the next player in the ‘hot seat,’ accelerating the pace of the game with quick reactions and precision driving.
- Wide Variety of Cars: Players can choose from vehicles ranging from 200 to over 1000 horse power, GT cars, WTCC extreme cars, formula and production cars.
- Real Life Tracks: Gamers can experience the thrill of sport racing with over 15 real life tracks covering all continents, of which Macau, Porto and Pau are exclusive to RACE Pro.
Nothing gets closer than RACE Pro, the ultra real racing simulation game exclusive to Xbox 360, scheduled for release January 2009.
More articles about RACE Pro