What's fixed in Patch 1.16
- In-game chat is now saved in replays. Note: whispers are not saved.
- Hitting the Escape key while in the chat room will clear your typed text.
- "/reply" (or just "/r") will send a whisper to person who most recently whispered you.
- Fixed localization issues with "from" and "to" in whispers.
- Starcraft now only uses as much CPU as it needs to run smoothly.
- Fixed an exploit which allowed Zerg players to gain minerals through mutations.
- Fixed an exploit which allowed Zerg players to recycle an upgrading building.
- Fixed an exploit which allowed Zerg players to extend their creep with a drone.
- Fixed an exploit which allowed Zerg players to move Drones over impassable terrain.
- Fixed an exploit which allowed Terran players to drop a nuke anywhere on the map.
- Fixed an exploit which allowed players to pause the game while in the pre-game lobby.
What's fixed in Patch 1.15.3
- Fixed a communication bug affecting third party leagues.
- Alt-F6 no longer stalls the game on Windows.
- Game now works correctly on versions of Mac OS X which do not support 256-color mode.
StarCraft and StarCraft: BroodWar no longer require the CD while playing the game. To play without the CD, please follow the following instructions:
Make sure you have "Hide extensions for known types" unchecked under Explorer Folder Options.
If you own only StarCraft, copy "INSTALL.EXE" from the StarCraft CD to your StarCraft folder and rename it to "StarCraft.mpq".
If you own StarCraft: Brood War, copy "INSTALL.EXE" from the StarCraft: Brood War CD to your StarCraft folder and rename it to "BroodWar.mpq".
What's fixed in Patch 1.15.1
- Made stability improvements to replay saving code.
- Fixed a bug where the map download progress was not shown.
- Pressing alt-f4 while in Starcraft and logged into a league now logs you out of the league.
- Updated some of the localization for the league page.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed nukes to fall anywhere on the map.
What's fixed in Patch 1.15
- Approved organizations can now operate StarCraft leagues.
- Replays are automatically saved as LastReplay.rep.
- Fixed a bug that allowed burrowed units to be stacked.
- Fixed a vulture exploit that crashed games.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed the rally points of others to be set.
- Fixed a multicommand hack that crashed Macintosh players.
What's fixed in Patch 1.14
* European ladder now affiliated with WGTour (http://www.wgtour.com/blizz.php). See (http://www.battle.net/scladder/) for additional information about the new European ladder.
* Ladder games disabled for all other regions.
* For Top vs. Bottom games, the default chat filter is now 'Chat To Allies'.
* In-game chat messages now show the speaker's name in his/her team color.
* Users can now use the mouse wheel to scroll chat and selection boxes in Windows 98 (or later) and Macintosh OS X.
* Screen shots now use a time/date stamp; they are no longer limited to 100.
* Improved version numbering system.
* The high-color application icon from the Macintosh version is now used on PC.
* Small corrections to the Lost Temple and Dire Straits maps.
* Fixed Hatchery cancellation crash bug.
* Fixed crash that can occur when SCVs are repairing a unit boarding a Dropship.
* Fixed crash when Mac users very quickly cancel connection to Battle.net.
* Fixed a scoring bug that gave Zerg unit points for building cancellation.
* Users can now take screen shots on Macintosh OS X.
* Updated Battle.net account creation information text.
* Logging onto an account closed for a Battle.net Terms of Service violation will now say the account is closed, rather than 'invalid password'.
* Fixed bug preventing Portuguese StarCraft clients from receiving patches from Battle.net. Portuguese users must still patch to this level manually, but subsequent patches can be obtained automatically from Battle.net.
* No longer displays control characters in Battle.net's map description pane.
* Color codes and control codes are no longer allowed in chat messages.
* Fixed a crash in StarEdit when attempting to save modified Blizzard maps.
* Fixed undesired text wrapping in Spanish and Portuguese Battle.net screens.
* Fixed a rare crash in multiplayer games.
* Fixed the Nydus Canal cancellation bug that allowed creating a mobile exit.
* Fixed two exploits that allowed players to gain minerals very quickly.
* Fixed exploit with Arbiter that allowed Zerg buildings to become cloaked.
* Fixed exploit that allowed units to kill themselves instantly.
* Fixed exploit that allowed Command Center infestation without a Queen.
* Fixed exploit that allowed Command Center infestation from a distance.
* Fixed exploit that allowed players to float Zerg Drones over obstacles.
* Fixed exploit that allowed worker units to mine at a distance.
* Fixed exploit that allowed Terran buildings to lift off while training units.
* Fixed exploit that allowed SCVs to repair Protoss buildings.
* Fixed exploit that allowed SCVs to detach Larvae from Hatcheries.
* Fixed exploit that allowed morphing Terran and Protoss buildings.
* Fixed exploit that allowed buildings to be stacked on top of each other.
* Playing against illegally named players on Battle.net no longer results in a disconnect game result.
What's fixed in Patch 1.13f
- Fixed several bugs that contributed to game exploits.
What's fixed in Patch 1.13e
- Fixed several bugs that contributed to game exploits.
What's fixed in Patch 1.13d
- Fixed a bug that prevented the training of infested terrans.
What's fixed in Patch 1.13c
- Fixed a bug involving zerg buildings.
- Fixed a bug related to minimap unit ordering during replays.
What's fixed in Patch 1.13b
- Fixed a Bug that caused certain maps to crash.
What's fixed in Patch 1.13
- This revision addresses a few well-known bugs that were used to perform in-game exploits, corrects display issues with the Korean Font and makes adjustments to the Player's in-game minimap.
What's fixed in Patch 1.12b
- Fixed bugs related to Korean chat on Windows 95/98/Me.
New Features in 1.12
- Changed Speed from "Fast" to Fastest" for Ladder Games.
- You now can preview your map in the Multiplayer chat screen.
- Added feature that allows the creator of a private Battle.net game to make the game public under the creator's name in Multiplayer Chat screen.
- Added full Korean language support for battle.net and in-game.
- Added a Friends List Feature and button that allows you to keep track of your friends on Battle.net.
- Added Friend mail feature that allows you to email members of your Friends List.
- Added Password Recovery and email registration features (like Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2) so you can recover your password via email.
- Changed the default race type in single custom games to Random.
- It now remembers your last map and folder setting when you create single or multi player games.
- Brood War will now show 'mapsBroodWar' folder as your default map folder.
- When a building is selected and if a ground rally point is set the rally point will briefly animate.
- Added minimap ping (Alt-left-click on minimap to show graphic location.)
- Added alliance colors on units - Shift-Tab changes your color to green, your allies to yellow and your enemies to red.
- Added right-click feature that will set your building rally point.
- Added shift-# to add a unit to a control group.
- The mouse cursor stays on the game's monitor in multi-monitor environments.
- Lost Temple has been updated, while Dire Straits and Rivarly have been slightly
- tweaked to balance resources and space for building.
- All maps have been resigned. If you have moved standard maps to different
- folders you must do so again. If you have maps downloaded from our FTP site you must do so again.
- Fixed bug related to seeing Question marks instead of Korean characters when using /where command in Battle.net
- Fixed a bug that hindered Korean text in Battle.net chatrooms and game advertisements.