Replicate your school’s style of play, set the tempo and win with NCAA Basketball 09. Whether your school pushes the ball in transition, runs a half-court offense that utilizes the clock and limits possessions or features a balanced attack that combines transition offense with set plays, NCAA Basketball 09 rewards the strategic player by emphasizing team specific styles of play.
College basketball springs to life in NCAA Basketball 09 with frenzied crowds, authentic commentary from Dick Vitale, Brad Nessler and Erin Andrews and now featuring NCAA Division I coaches in-game for the first time. Each coach will provide real time instruction and feedback, helping players control the tempo by executing their team’s offense and defense to perfection.
New features like Pick and Roll Control, Defensive Lockdown Control, Signature Playcalling and Quickstrike Ankle-Breakers provide ultimate control on the court
NCAA Basketball 09 features a new gameplay engine with over 1,000 new animation sequences that deliver a more responsive, intelligent experience. The new animation system and improved AI enable gamers to apply pressure defense with new full-court presses and traps. Plus, quicker players get up and down the floor faster and make better decisions running lanes and driving to the rim.
Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook has been the leader in compiling accurate scouting reports of college basketball teams for 28 years and EA Sports will utilize its scouting reports and data to drive its college basketball videogame.
"The patch that we planned to have out next week will now be available November 26th on both XBLN and PSN. We’re pleased with how well the game is currently being received and we are confident that these additional upgrades will add some more polish to the game. With community feedback, and having the time to address what we were unable to get in the shipped game, we have been able to address some issues to improve the game play and other important features.
The biggest additions people will see are authentic schedules, the ability to edit classic teams as well as being able to play with named rosters online. We have also made some fixes to smooth out post play and the full court presses as well as tightening up the dynasty mode. We hope that these fixes help make your NCAA Basketball 09 experience more complete and authentic. Look for the patch on November 26th!"
So before you sit down and enjoy Thanksgiving, be sure to head out there and download the patch for NCAA Basketball 09!
- Next-Level Authenticity—Introducing true-to-life styles of play for every Division I team, including authentic team ratings and scouting reports from the creators of the annual Blue Ribbon™ College Basketball Yearbook.
- Execute Your Gameplan—Choose pre-game strategies that reinforce your style of play and then keep an eye on the all-new Game Tempo Meter to make adjustments on the fly
- Set The Tempo—Use all 94 feet to push the ball or apply full court pressure to force turnovers to speed the game up, walk the ball up the floor and initiate a half-court set or use a balanced attack to take advantage of what your opponent gives you. Set the tempo and play your game to put yourself in a position to come out on top.
- New Game Engine—Over 1,000 new animation sequences deliver a more responsive, intelligent experience. Apply pressure defense with new full-court presses and traps. Plus, quicker players now get up and down the floor faster and make better decisions running lanes and driving to the rim.
- Real-Time Coaching Feedback System—Your school’s coach is with you every step of the way. Listen to real NCAA® Coaches on the sidelines providing real time feedback, helping you play at your ideal tempo.
- Quick Strike Ankle Breakers—Force your defender to step up and guess what you’ll do next. Trigger the turbo button and use the right analog stick for bold, responsive ball-handling moves to fake out your defender and create scoring opportunities.
- Lockdown Control—–New risk reward system to lock in your check on defense. Get in tight on a strong shooting guard to take away his shot, or play back to keep a quick point guard from blowing by you.
- Signature Playcalling— Introducing an accessible in game play-calling system that pushes on-court visualization to guide you through the play.
- Pick and Roll Control—New two-man game mechanic enables you to control both the ball handler and screener simultaneously. Set screens and run two man plays, with on-screen instructions to guide you.
- College Authenticity — Dramatically more authentic with classic and alternate team uniforms, Dick Vitale and Brad Nessler calling the action, and Erin Andrews reporting from the sidelines. Choose from new arenas, including Ford Field, home of the 2009 NCAA Final Four
- Online Everywhere —Wait and watch for rival users to log on and then challenge them to a spirited match-up in new Rival Challenge Mode. Plus, edit and share roster files through EA Locker 3.0
- New Tournaments: Participate in major tournaments like the Pre and Post season NIT, EA Sports Maui Invitational or new ones like the Puerto Rico Tip-Off, Anaheim Classic and Old Spice Classic.
- Deeper Dynasty Mode: Featuring a new recruiting database, a Dynasty Yearbook to review previous seasons and create-a-coach that enables you to set the playing style of your school.
- Authentic Atmosphere—College basketball pops to life with lively crowds, loud bands, mascots, cheerleaders, and student sections.
NCAA Basketball 09 is in development for PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360 and will ship to stores Nov. 19, 2008.
More articles about NCAA Basketball 09