At first glance, 10-year-old Ben Tennyson looks like your average, everyday kid. But take a closer look, and it’s plain to see he’s the world’s youngest superhero stopping evildoers from Earth and space! In Ben 10: Protector of Earth, players take on the role of Cartoon Network’s popular hero Ben 10 and, using the power of the alien Omnitrix device that has attached itself to Ben’s wrist, become the only everyday kid to take on super powers and change into alien forms as they save the world through the game’s diverse challenges, puzzles and skirmishes. In Ben 10: Protector of Earth, the evil Vilgax, with the help of Kevin 11 and the Forever Knights, has set in motion a plan to capture the Omnitrix and the world is in danger. The game authentically portrays these main characters and others from the show, as well as Ben’s most popular alien forms and a familiar summer vacation storyline. All this, along with loads of brand new content, immerses players in Ben’s world like never before. The game is easy for novice players to pick up, appropriately challenges and rewards young gamers, yet offers a wide variety of powerful action choices that make it exciting enough to engage players of all levels for hours at a time. Ben 10: Protector of Earth challenges gamers to embark on an exhilarating and crucial quest to stop evil Vilgax and save the day!
“We are thrilled to see the strong consumer response to Ben 10: Protector of Earth and the continual climb in sales demonstrates the dedication of fans around the globe to this tremendous franchise,” said Yoji Takenaka, president and chief executive officer, North America and Europe, D3P. “We look forward to even greater success with the recently released sequel, Ben 10 Alien Force: The Game.”
“Having our first-ever Ben 10 interactive game be as successful as it has is a huge accomplishment for us and this is another milestone of which we’re very proud,” said Christina Miller, vice president, Cartoon Network Enterprises, the network’s global licensing division. “We look forward to continued success as we build the brand’s interactive franchise with a great partner in D3.”
- For the first time, gamers will direct Ben’s decisions and actions as he works to save the world. Engage in all new experiences with never-before-seen locations, enemies and characters for totally unique adventures, and defend favorite locations from the best of the Ben 10 TV show episodes against familiar foes.
- The best-loved alien forms from the show are playable and interchangeable as you use their assorted skills to tackle the game’s diverse challenges, puzzles and skirmishes—use the Omnitrix to play as HeatBlast, FourArms, XLR8, CannonBolt or WildVine.
- The game’s art style, sound effects and music are 100% authentic, with all audio in the game pulled directly from the show sound vaults and all voice acting provided by the original television cast.
- Explore 14 levels across five regions of the USA plus numerous Challenge and Secret Locations; use 80-plus combat combination options, engage in exhilarating boss battles, try out Two-Player Co-Op Mode, and collect Sumo Slammer cards to unlock bonus content.
- The Emmy®-winning Ben 10 on Cartoon Network has a devoted fan base with over five million boys tuning in each month over the summer and millions more logging on to play Ben 10 games online. Two long form movies for the show will debut later this year, and the series is successful at retail with a top-selling, award-winning toy line.
Ben 10: Protector of Earth is currently available on store shelves worldwide ($19.95) for the Wii, PS2, NDS and the PSP.
More articles about Ben 10: Protector of Earth