More brash and aggressive than his Delta Force squadmate Nomad, players will experience Psycho’s parallel story during the events of the original game, finding that life on the other side of the island is even more intense and explosive than they ever could have imagined.
Luckily, Psycho’s Nanosuit is just as capable and he’s equipped with an even bigger arsenal of fully customizable weapons and new vehicles, giving players access to the tools they need to dominate any situation. Aside from this new, exciting single player campaign, Crysis Warhead will also feature new multiplayer content.
Crysis Wars v1.1 Changelog
- Fixed: Stand/Prone firing exploit by exaggerating spread of all weapons when transitioning
- from standing position to prone position
- Fixed: Inconsistency between the HUD score and the score shown in the scoreboard
- Fixed: Disconnection caused by cheat protection for levels saved by the map downloader
- Improved: Player icon, cross hair and round start messages visibility against bright backgrounds
- Removal of online activation (ReleaseControl)
- Support of Linux server
- 64bit version
- Vista Parental Control file
Crysis Wars: In-Depth Information
With Crysis Wars as a different game included in the Warhead box we want to establish a new franchise that is all about multiplayer. Warhead has been developed by the new team in Budapest, Hungary whereas Wars was created by a dedicated team in Frankfurt, Germany. This allowed us to have the focus geared towards both games to provide the best possible result for each.
The following is a rough summary of the most important content of Wars. In the upcoming days and weeks we will feature those points with a lot more detail on the community web site.
1. New Features
- New game mode TeamInstantAction
- Auto-downloader of maps embedded into the game
- Auto patching system embedded in the installer which always checks for the latest game version
- Fixed most critical bugs requested by the community
- New intelligent spawn system for TeamInstantAction that spawns you the furthest away from any enemy and the closest to your team mates.
- Implemented score system for both the teams and the individual player
- Implemented overtime in the case both teams have the same amount of team score at the end of a round
- Developed maps tailored for the experience with more vertical gameplay in order to feature the nanosuit abilities
3. New & Improved HUD elements
- Game status bars for each of the game modes showing all necessary information at once
- Added kill message in the middle of the screen (also added kill count)
- Added dynamic objectives in PowerStruggle for a better readability
- Improved visibility of team mates
- Improved radar readability
4. Map Pool
- Total number of 21 maps for launch (9 PowerStruggle maps and 12 IA/TIA maps)
- Includes 7 all new maps
- Includes 5 improved maps from the Crysis Christmas Map pack
- Includes 9 re-balanced/improved maps from Crysis Multiplayer
- All original IA maps can be played in TIA as well and vice versa
5. Enhanced Server Support
- Added multiple console variables for a more in-depth server administration
- Improved server startup with a list of most important commands to get a server running
6. Weaponry Changes
- Re-worked complete weaponry behavior to make every weapon useful for a specific situation
- Increased damage output to kill enemies easier which allows a more fluent gameplay
- Added FGL-40 weapon from Warhead
- Added dual-wielding AY-69 weapon from Warhead
- Removed incendiary ammunition
7. Vehicles Changes
- Re-worked vehicle damage system
- Improved vehicle control system
- Re-balanced VTOL to match up with the strength of other vehicles
- Added weak zones to every heavy vehicle where it can be damaged by rifle ammunition
- Added ASV Anti-Infantry & Anti-Vehicle versions from Warhead
8. PowerStruggle Improvements
- Added alternative winning condition based on the highest amount of energy collected
- Added overtime in the case no team destroyed the enemy HQ and both teams have the same amount of energy
- Added spots to the maps from where to shoot the best in order to destroy the enemy HQ
- Re-worked TACGun to fire directly instead of having a ballistic
- Re-worked base turrets to act more effectively on short range against invaders
- Simplified end-game scenario by making only one end-game weapon available to the players (TACGun or TACTank depending on the prototype factory size in the level)
Crysis Wars: New Maps Introduction
By looking at the past events where Crysis Wars has been demonstrated we introduced 2 of the 6 brand new InstantAction/TeamInstantAction maps to the community.
Following is the summary of all available information on the specific maps called “Coast” and “Graveyard”.
Level Name: Coast
Game Mode: InstantAction, TeamInstantAction
Time of Day: Dawn/Early Morning
Environment: Concrete Buildings, Ocean, Beach Side
Battlefield Size: Small, 8-16 players
Location: Near Yantai, China. This fisherman village is being contested by the belligerent forces due to its strategic position in front of North Korean peninsula.
Description: Coast is a prime example of Crysis Wars use of Vertical game play. Ranging from high terraces to caves by the sea, there are plenty of good places to set up ambushes on this map.
There are some places on Coast which have relatively little cover; however their danger is outweighed by their prize, as a short trip through open water will get you a Grenade Launcher; however it is easily covered from many locations on the cliff above. Coast has definitely been designed for brutal fast paced action.
Level Name: Graveyard
Game Mode: InstantAction, TeamInstantAction
Time of Day: Midnight
Environment: Tomb Stones, Crypts and Open Ground.
Battlefield Size: Small, 8-16 players
Location: Near Kanoya, Japan. An abandoned graveyard has been the theater of an alien crash. Forces in presence must fight to get access to alien technology.
Description: The graveyard map is filed with some great open ground with lots of scattered tomb stones and walls that offer you some nice cover. The alien crash site has destroyed the surround part of the graveyard and formed a small crater.
Here is where you'll find some destructive alien technology, but beware; you will be out in the open whilst trying to retrieve it.
ASV Anti-Vehicle Introduction
Exclusively featured in this update for the community is the recently introduced ASV (Armored Scout Vehicle) in the Anti-Vehicle version which is one of the new vehicles the Warhead package includes.
Weight: 9.5 tons
Crew: 3 (1 driver, 2 passengers)
Type: Light Armored Vehicle
Drive: 4-wheel drive
Main weapon: 20mm gun with explosive rounds; low fire rate; armor piercing capabilities; extreme damage output against vehicles
Description: The ASV in its Anti-Vehicle edition comes with a highly advanced mounted 20 mm gun which has a low fire rate and is ideal to be used against any kind of vehicles with armour improvements. Due to its high accuracy the mounted weapon is ideal for mid to long-range combat situations.
With the ASV being a light armoured vehicle it is fast on the road but also provides enough protection against attacks from light enemy fire. The hull of the ASV can be damaged by highly powerful weapons like the Gauss Rifle or explosive weapons like the FGL-40 Grenade Launcher. In addition to that the ASV has three critical zones where the player can damage it with advanced Assault Rifles like the SCAR or Machine Guns like the Hurricane.
System Requirements :
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista)
- Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista)
- AMD Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista)
- 1 Gb (1.5 Gb on Vista)
- Graphics Card:
- NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT
- ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista)
- VRAM: 256MB of Graphics Memory
- Storage: 15GB
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Microsoft Vista
- DirectX: DX9.0c or DX10
Crysis Wars features three multiplayer modes, including TeamInstantAction, a new match type that mixes fast-paced action in a team-based environment, in addition to the insanely frenetic gameplay style of InstantAction and the hardcore team-based PowerStruggle, both of which return from Crysis. The game will include 21 maps, six new maps for TeamInstantAction and InstantAction, and one for PowerStruggle and Crytek will also have a support team dedicated to meeting the needs of the Crysis Wars community.
Beginning today, gamers can pre-order Crysis Warhead at the EA Store for only $24.95; $5 less than the full retail price, or receive $10 off when purchasing both Crysis Warhead and Crysis.
Crysis Warhead, rated "M" for Mature, will ship to retail stores in North America on Sept. 16 and in Europe on Sept. 12, 2008 for an estimated $29.99.