Shin Megami Tensei is a major intellectual property of the well-known Japanese developer and publisher, Atlus Co., Ltd. The first of many titles in the franchise was released by Atlus in 1992 for the Japanese Super NES and has grown a large and loyal following around the world with additional game titles for consumer consoles and handheld systems. The latest installment brings the brand online.
Originally released in Japan in Q1 2007, Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Online was Cave’s first massive multiplayer online (MMO) title for PC. MegaTen has become a huge success with a large fan following. Aeria Games plans on bringing that success to the European and North American markets as it has done with its titles Last Chaos and Shaiya.
Set in a fictional post-apocalyptic Tokyo, survivors attempt to restore the city by defeating demons and solving puzzles. Each player acts as a “Devil Buster.” Success relies on forming an alliance with demons or slaying them.
All titles by Aeria Games operate on the "free-to-play" business model where revenue is generated from the sale of optional virtual items that can be used in the game.
The closed beta application phase is scheduled to run until Dec. 1, at which point, select players will be given access to play the game.
MegaTen offers numerous unique features:
- Strategic Real-time Fighting System - Choose between attacking, parrying and defending in real time.
- Diverse Weaponry – Use a wide array of weapons from medieval swords to modern-day rifles and handguns.
- Devil Partnership – Players negotiate with devils to assist in battle and missions.
- Devil Fusing – Players can combine multiple devils to create new breeds.
- Private Dungeons – In addition to the public battle areas, players can access private dungeons to hunt and collect items with their friends.
Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Online, also called “MegaTen,” will soon be released in the European and North America in four languages: English, French, German and Spanish.