Version 2.0 has been developed as a major free update, primarily for Twilight of the Arnor, to help integrate the expansion packs together with the original into a single consolidated experience.
New features include but are not limited to:
- Players can now design new starships from the main game menu
- All game campaigns have been updated to be playable within Twilight of the Arnor
- New user manual
- Numerous new game setup options
- Updated diplomatic options
- New planetary governors for automating the building of planets
- Revamped espionage system
- Auto-building for starbases
- Balance updating
- Improved graphics
The battle for galactic supremacy rages on in Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor, Stardock Entertainment’s latest addition to the award-winning Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords. The final act in the epic Dread Lords saga, Twilight of the Arnor is the second expansion to Stardock’s turn-based strategy game, further improving on the gameplay.
Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor includes a massive payload of new content and features requested by the series’ devout fanbase. In addition to a new campaign that ties up the Dread Lords saga, Twilight of the Arnor adds civilization-specific technology trees and planetary improvements that add even more flavor to each alien race, while greatly expanding the strategic depth of the game. A vast array of new ships, weapons, starbases and ship components will be available to players, including the devastating Terror Star, which can annihilate entire star systems. Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor requires GC2: Gold Edition or GC2: Dark Avatar.
Partial features list :
- New campaign detailing the final chapter in the Dread Lord wars
- The star destroying new unit, the Terror Star, arrives
- Unique technology trees for all 12 civilizations
- Unique planetary improvements for each civilization
- New 3D-engine-powered map editor
- New Scenario Editor for creating highly detailed custom games
- New Campaign Editor for players who want to create their own custom epic campaigns for themselves or to share with others
- New Metaverse Tournaments: specific maps & scenarios recorded to the Metaverse with prizes for top players
- New Ship: Atlas. Makes ships in a fleet more lethal
- New Ship: Fortitude. Gives ships in a fleet more hit points
- New Ship: Driver. Makes ships in a fleet move faster
- Unique weapons per civilization
- Updated Planetary Invasions
- New enhanced textures and graphics for planets and ships
- New Galaxy Size: Immense (vastly bigger than current galaxy sizes)
- Extra alien portraits and logos
- Legacy of the Telenanth: Detailed back story of Galactic Civilizations
Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor is scheduled for release in April 30, 2008 for $29.95, pre-order the expansion at TotalGaming.net now for just $24.95.