In a city where information is heavily monitored, agile couriers called Runners transport sensitive data away from prying eyes. In this seemingly utopian paradise, a crime has been committed and now you are being hunted. You are a Runner called Faith - and this innovative first-person action-adventure is your story.
Mirror’s Edge delivers you straight into the shoes of this unique heroine as she traverses the vertigo-inducing cityscape, engaging in intense combat and fast paced chases. With a never before seen sense of movement and perspective, you will be drawn into Faith’s world. A world that is visceral, immediate, and very dangerous. Live or die? Soar or plummet? One thing is certain, in this city, you will learn how to run.
Mirror's Edge delivers players straight into the shoes of this modern day heroine as she traverses the vertigo-inducing cityscape, engaging in intense combat, fast-paced chases and challenging puzzles. With a never-before-seen sense of movement and perspective, players are drawn into Faith's world.
Prior to launch, players worldwide will get an early peek at the game when the demo becomes available via Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Store. The demo will feature the prologue of the game including the tutorial and a segment of the single-player story mode. Starting September 26th, players who pre-order Mirror's Edge at selected retailers will get an exclusive code that unlocks the Time Trial mode in the demo.
Time Trial mode challenges players to find the fastest route across the rooftops and through the streets. Players can upload their best time to the Mirror's Edge leaderboards for their friends to download and compete against. Players can see their friend's 'ghost' run as they race their way through the course to the top of the leaderboards.
Key Features :
- A young woman without a home until she is taken in and trained by the Runners. Your incredible gifts allow you to swiftly navigate the city while eluding those who would try to stop you.
- Heights create vertigo, movements flow naturally, collisions are felt realistically, and muscles and tendons strain as you chase and are chased throughout the city.
- Perform amazing acrobatic moves from below street level, through buildings, and up to the dizzying heights of hyper real skyscrapers as you face off against your enemies or run for your life.
- An exciting mix of chase, intense combat, strategy and puzzles draw you into a world like never before.
GameStop Exclusive Mirror’s Edge Runner Bag
- Identical in-game bag carried by Faith and other Runners to transport sensitive information in a world totally monitored by the government.
- Fits your PS3, XBOX360, or laptop for gaming on the run.
- Seven individual compartments keep your information safe and secure at all times.
- Adjustable shoulder strap and handles included.
- Pre-order your bag today, while supplies last.
Preliminary System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP or Vista
- CPU: Pentium 4 at 2.4 GHz / Athlon 64 2800+
- RAM: 1GB
- Gfx card: GeForce 6 Series with 256MB VRAM or higher, or ATI X1650 (or HD2400)
Mirror's Edge, developed by EA DICE, will ship on Nov. 11 2008 for the PS3, and Xbox 360, while the PC version will folllow later this winter.
More articles about Mirror's Edge