Fable 2 will be a true sequel to the wildly successful original that sold more than 3 million copies, offering even more choices and building on the core gameplay theme of “Fable” where players’ every decision continually defines who they become. “Fable 2” is an action role-playing game that truly allows players to live the life they choose in an unimaginably open world environment.
Set 500 years after the original, Fable 2 will provide gamers with an epic story and innovative real-time gameplay, including a massive amount of freedom and choice to explore a vast collection of dungeons, catacombs and caves in the world of Albion.
Fable II Original Soundtrack featuring the original music score by Russell Shaw and the “Fable Theme” from Danny Elfman will be released on Nov. 25, 2008 to retail outlets through Nile Rodgers’ Sumthing Else Music Works record label, and for digital download and iTunes.
Fable II Original Soundtrack features the rich and musically diverse Fable II score composed by Russell Shaw (Fable, Black & White) as well as the Fable Theme by GRAMMY® award-winner Danny Elfman (Spider-Man, The Simpsons, Big Fish.) The Fable II score was recorded with 90 musicians including the Slovak National Symphony Orchestra at the Slovak Radio Concert Hall in Bratislava, as well as celtic instrumentalists with the Tiffin School Boys Choir and Pinewood Singers Adult Choir at Pinewood Film Studios in London, England.
”We had a lot of music to record, covering many different styles including chamber, celtic, classic, quirky, pure pizzicato, atmospheric and dramatic,” said Russell Shaw, Head of Music and Composer at Lionhead Studios. “Music for the game was broken down into four distinct categories: regions, script, combat and incidentals. Each region has its own orchestral theme which changes with the seasons in each chapter. Scripted moments have orchestral cues relevant to what is happening at that point in the story – sad, dramatic, mysterious, tension and danger. The final result is a very rich, Hollywood style score covering many genres.”
- Fable Theme - Russell Shaw (Music Box Theme – Danny Elfman)
- Old Town - Russell Shaw
- Bowerstone Cemetery - Russell Shaw
- Bowerlake - Russell Shaw
- Wraithmarsh - Russell Shaw (Music Box Theme – Danny Elfman)
- Fairfax Castle - Russell Shaw
- Westcliff - Russell Shaw
- Oakfield - Russell Shaw
- Bowerstone Market - Russell Shaw
- Shadow of Evil - Russell Shaw
- Howling Halls - Russell Shaw
- Marcus Memorial - Russell Shaw
- Choices, consequences. The innovative gameplay pioneered in the original “Fable” provided gamers with a never-before-seen level of immersion in a truly interactive world. “Fable 2” expands on the scope and depth of the Xbox classic with incredible new features and a wider, more complex kingdom of limitless choices and consequences. Players will have the option to play as a man or woman, get married, have children, and live a life of their own design.
- A land far, far away. Revisit the sprawling world of Albion, where every house, hut, dungeon and castle is for sale, more than 500 years after the events of the original “Fable.” Players will witness how the world has grown and changed in incredible and unique ways as they rediscover Albion.
- New and unique combat system. “Fable 2” pioneers a new combat system that is designed to allow players to truly master hand weapons such as swords and maces, ranged combat such as bows and guns, and an entirely new magic system. These three disciplines, while being very accessible, are also amazingly deep and allow players to mix combat styles and become everything from a master swordsman or skilled ranger to an evil magic-wielder.
- A hero’s best friend. This groundbreaking addition to the game is integral to the theme of unconditional love in “Fable 2.” The canine companion will act as friend, compass and protector. Players merely feed their pooch and it will love unconditionally, creating a bond that sets up emotion-filled journeys throughout this magical world.
- Dynamic cooperative play
- Prior to Fable 2's release pub games will debut as a stand-alone download on Xbox LIVE Arcade, allowing gamers to earn currency which are transferable to Fable 2 so gamers can purchase items in-game from the start.
The “Fable II” standard addition is also available for pre-order at a suggested retail price of $59.99.
“Keystone,” “Spinnerbox” and “Fortune’s Tower” will also be embedded as part of the full retail copy of “Fable II” (limited collector’s and standard editions).
More articles about Fable II