Replicate your school’s style of play, set the tempo and win with NCAA Basketball 09. Whether your school pushes the ball in transition, runs a half-court offense that utilizes the clock and limits possessions or features a balanced attack that combines transition offense with set plays, NCAA Basketball 09 rewards the strategic player by emphasizing team specific styles of play.
College basketball springs to life in NCAA Basketball 09 with frenzied crowds, authentic commentary from Dick Vitale, Brad Nessler and Erin Andrews and now featuring NCAA Division I coaches in-game for the first time. Each coach will provide real time instruction and feedback, helping players control the tempo by executing their team’s offense and defense to perfection.
New features like Pick and Roll Control, Defensive Lockdown Control, Signature Playcalling and Quickstrike Ankle-Breakers provide ultimate control on the court
NCAA Basketball 09 features a new gameplay engine with over 1,000 new animation sequences that deliver a more responsive, intelligent experience. The new animation system and improved AI enable gamers to apply pressure defense with new full-court presses and traps. Plus, quicker players get up and down the floor faster and make better decisions running lanes and driving to the rim.
Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook has been the leader in compiling accurate scouting reports of college basketball teams for 28 years and EA Sports will utilize its scouting reports and data to drive its college basketball videogame.
Fans of the NCAA Basketball 09 can visit the official website now to vote for their school from among 50 schools entered in the contest. Ten finalists will be selected from fan voting before a winner will be crowned and that school featured in next year’s videogame. In addition, a full playable demo of NCAA Basketball 09 is available for download beginning Nov. 6 at the PlayStation Store and Xbox Live Marketplace.
The NCAA Basketball 09 demo, featuring the University of Tennessee, University of Kentucky, the 1979 Michigan State Spartans and the 1982 University of North Carolina Tar Heels, showcases a new, strategic basketball gameplay experience that challenges gamers to replicate their school’s style of play and set the game tempo to win. NCAA Basketball 09 features the EA SPORTS ESPN Classic Tournament of Legends and Division I coaches in-game for the first time. Each coach will provide real time instruction and feedback to help gamers control the tempo by executing their team’s offense and defense to perfection.
Voting in the “Toughest Place to Play” contest closes December 1. School’s voted in as finalists will receive a visit from EA SPORTS this basketball season to judge their arena based upon a number of factors. A panel of basketball experts will then determine the final top 10 rankings and crown a winner. The rankings will appear in next year’s EA SPORTS NCAA Basketball videogame.
- Next-Level Authenticity—Introducing true-to-life styles of play for every Division I team, including authentic team ratings and scouting reports from the creators of the annual Blue Ribbon™ College Basketball Yearbook.
- Execute Your Gameplan—Choose pre-game strategies that reinforce your style of play and then keep an eye on the all-new Game Tempo Meter to make adjustments on the fly
- Set The Tempo—Use all 94 feet to push the ball or apply full court pressure to force turnovers to speed the game up, walk the ball up the floor and initiate a half-court set or use a balanced attack to take advantage of what your opponent gives you. Set the tempo and play your game to put yourself in a position to come out on top.
- New Game Engine—Over 1,000 new animation sequences deliver a more responsive, intelligent experience. Apply pressure defense with new full-court presses and traps. Plus, quicker players now get up and down the floor faster and make better decisions running lanes and driving to the rim.
- Real-Time Coaching Feedback System—Your school’s coach is with you every step of the way. Listen to real NCAA® Coaches on the sidelines providing real time feedback, helping you play at your ideal tempo.
- Quick Strike Ankle Breakers—Force your defender to step up and guess what you’ll do next. Trigger the turbo button and use the right analog stick for bold, responsive ball-handling moves to fake out your defender and create scoring opportunities.
- Lockdown Control—–New risk reward system to lock in your check on defense. Get in tight on a strong shooting guard to take away his shot, or play back to keep a quick point guard from blowing by you.
- Signature Playcalling— Introducing an accessible in game play-calling system that pushes on-court visualization to guide you through the play.
- Pick and Roll Control—New two-man game mechanic enables you to control both the ball handler and screener simultaneously. Set screens and run two man plays, with on-screen instructions to guide you.
- College Authenticity — Dramatically more authentic with classic and alternate team uniforms, Dick Vitale and Brad Nessler calling the action, and Erin Andrews reporting from the sidelines. Choose from new arenas, including Ford Field, home of the 2009 NCAA Final Four
- Online Everywhere —Wait and watch for rival users to log on and then challenge them to a spirited match-up in new Rival Challenge Mode. Plus, edit and share roster files through EA Locker 3.0
- New Tournaments: Participate in major tournaments like the Pre and Post season NIT, EA Sports Maui Invitational or new ones like the Puerto Rico Tip-Off, Anaheim Classic and Old Spice Classic.
- Deeper Dynasty Mode: Featuring a new recruiting database, a Dynasty Yearbook to review previous seasons and create-a-coach that enables you to set the playing style of your school.
- Authentic Atmosphere—College basketball pops to life with lively crowds, loud bands, mascots, cheerleaders, and student sections.
NCAA Basketball 09 is in development for PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360 and will ship to stores Nov. 19, 2008.
More articles about NCAA Basketball 09