Not one of the millions who already have the Xbox 360 at the heart of the family room? No problem. Microsoft also announced that beginning this month, buy any Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system, and games are free.
It is now easier than ever to get the most affordable next-generation console and some of the season's best and broadest games. For an estimated retail price (ERP) of $199.99 ERP (U.S.), the Xbox 360 Arcade holiday offer comes with six games, including "Sega Superstars Tennis" and five Xbox LIVE Arcade games. In addition, the Xbox 360 console ($299.99 ERP) and Xbox 360 Elite ($399.99 ERP) holiday offers pair the consoles and the promise of the New Xbox Experience with two amazing games: "LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures" and "Kung Fu Panda(TM)" -- at no added cost.
The new Xbox experience will require 128MB of free space. A hard drive is recommended for the optimal experience, to take advantage of some new features, and to be able to enjoy the great movies, TV shows and games available on Xbox LIVE. While we expect the majority of consumers to download the New Xbox Experience without a problem, a small percentage of Xbox 360 owners do not have enough memory to accommodate the update. To help ensure all Xbox LIVE members are able to download the New Xbox Experience and enjoy its new features, Microsoft will be offering storage solutions to the Xbox LIVE community. We are not sharing details of this offering yet. Be sure to check xbox.com for more details in the coming weeks.
A good game of Gears of War 2 becomes an incredible game when you get into a heavy multiplayer match with your friends – or any person you’re matched with – and reduce them into small chunks with your pretty chainsaw. It’s the little things in life that bring such satisfaction.
But some people asked for ways to create parties and keep entire groups of people together online, no matter what they were doing. Well, we’ve listened and we’ve delivered. Once NXE launches on Nov. 19, it will be even easier to connect with your friends and the Xbox LIVE community of 14 million people around the world via Xbox LIVE Party.
Xbox LIVE Party will let you and up to seven friends jump from experience to experience while staying connected at all times. If you have a weekly Gears match and one friend is always late – no worries. The rest of you can join a Party and either voice chat or play a quick game of Castle Crashers while you wait. Once your no good, lazy ass friend shows up (you know who you are), one person will be able to bring your group into the lobby of Gears with just the click of a button. Really – it’s that easy.
But Xbox LIVE Party goes beyond games. The New Xbox Experience will also bring a photo sharing feature to Xbox LIVE members called Photo Party. With Photo Party, you and up to seven friends can share digital photos from a camera, disc or USB drive while voice chatting in real-time. You can even rate each others’ photos – so you may want to keep that photo of your farmer tan in a Speedo to yourself. With Thanksgiving and the holidays coming up, you may even be able to convince your mom and dad to get an Xbox 360 to enjoy all the great new entertainment available through NXE.
With the launch of the New Xbox Experience on Nov. 19, Xbox 360 owners will enjoy the following:
- Entertainment without limits. Xbox 360 invites you into a limitless world where the best games, movies and TV shows live side by side with your personal pictures and music library, and ready to share your fun anytime with friends across the globe through Xbox LIVE.
- Xbox LIVE Party. Xbox 360 allows you to create a virtual party on your TV with up to seven friends. With LIVE Party, voice chat while you play games, share photos in real time and entertain friends all over the world.
- Personality plus. Create a customizable, animated avatar and literally jump into the world of Xbox LIVE. Your avatar is your game-face throughout the New Xbox Experience and represents your personality -- whether you are a LIVE Party host or chatting with a friend. With custom avatars created by the more than 14 million members worldwide, Xbox LIVE will have as many avatars as Tokyo has residents.
- On-demand entertainment. Xbox 360 is home to the best TV and movie entertainment, including more than 12,000 exclusive films and TV episodes from Netflix Inc., and a large online library of on-demand high-definition TV shows and movies from partners such as Constantin, Disney, MGM, NBC Universal Inc. and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
- Games for the community, by the community. For the first time in the history of console gaming, thousands of games developed by the creative community will be available to the public. The Community Games channel on Xbox LIVE will include games made by students, hobbyists, and average people all around the world and will be exclusive to Xbox LIVE.
When the New Xbox Experience launches this fall, it will join the best and broadest Xbox 360 entertainment lineup of games ever. Whatever your passion, Xbox 360 has games for you. Only on Xbox 360 can you unleash your inner diva with "Lips," live your favorite movie moments with "You're in the Movies" and "Scene It? Box Office Smash," and find Xbox LIVE Arcade favorites such as "Castle Crashers" alongside indie favorites like the smash hit "Braid."
- Xbox 360 is the preferred stage for the best music games, including "Lips," "Rock Band 2," "Guitar Hero World Tour" and "DanceDanceRevolution Universe 3."
- Xbox 360 gets the whole family playing with titles such as "Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts," "Dig Dug Stylish Edition," "PacLand" and "Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise."
- Xbox 360 remains the best place to play sports titles, including leading franchises such as "Madden NFL," "Tiger Woods PGA TOUR," "NBA LIVE," "NHL 2K" and more.
- "Final Fantasy XIII" will be available on Xbox 360 at launch in North America and Europe. And Xbox 360 is the only place gamers can play the year's biggest games, such as "Gears of War 2," and "Fable II."
More articles about Xbox 360