World in Conflict asks the terrifying question, what if the Cold War didn’t end? The award-winning game represents the next-generation of strategy titles, pitting Cold War-era superpowers against one another with completely destructible 3D battlefields and blistering visuals using DX10 technology. World in Conflict features an innovative gameplay mechanism that removes traditional resource-gathering and base-building in favor of non-stop combat, tactical decisions and FPS-like intense action. The game also features a deep single-player campaign that showcases Hollywood-quality storytelling of the Cold War gone hot.
Features in World in Conflict include:
- World in Conflict focuses on tactical combat to create a game that is fast and hard-hitting – much like an FPS – by removing traditional base-building and resource gathering in favor of instant warfare and by doing so, creating a new category of PC games: Action-Strategy
- World in Conflict’s single player mode will offer a deep and emotional storyline created by renowned author and cold war authority, Larry Bond; players will strap on the combat boots of a young field commander featuring Hollywood voice-over talent and a thrilling personal journey through World War III
- World in Conflict’s FPS-like control scheme and 360-degree camera make its action-strategy gameplay exciting for hardcore strategy fans as well as accessible to fans of other genres – strategy fans will love World in Conflict. For gamers who have never played strategy before, World in Conflict is the game to try
- World in Conflict will support up to 16 players for head-to-head and team-based battles in Domination, Tug-of-War and Assault modes; online play will feature built-in Voice-over IP (VoIP), support for clan management, competitive ladders, online tournaments, chat rooms, friends lists and more
- Unleash the authentic military arsenals of the great superpowers including tanks, planes, trucks, troops and helicopters from the USA, Soviet Union and NATO; as well as massive tactical attacks such as carpet bombings, long-range artillery, napalm and nuclear weapons
- Innovative in the strategy genre, players will choose to engage the enemy as Infantry, Armor, Support, or Air specialists; multiplayer teams will need to master each role and their cooperative elements for maximum effectiveness
- The latest version of Massive’s proprietary Masstech engine uses DX10 technology, with advanced lighting, particle and physics effects, and allows for a full 360-degree range of camera control
- As the battle rages, the world environment pays the price as every object – houses, trees and more – crumble under the force of war
- While pushing the bleeding edge, Massive’s proprietary Masstech engine also scales down to accommodate a wide range of PC specifications – if you’ve played a modern PC game within the last two years, you’ll be able to play World in Conflict
World in Conflict is currently available worldwide for a suggested retail price of $49.99.
More articles about World in Conflict