Perimeter II: New Earth is the long-awaited sequel of the critically acclaimed RTS Perimeter. Ideas of territorial gameplay and landscape modification introduced in the original game are now realized on a new concept & technology level. The VistaGame Engine enhances the dynamics and depth of gameplay, turning the battlefield into an arena for the confrontation of two elements - ground and water.
The story of Perimeter II continues the events from the original game. The Exodus, lead by the wise Spirits, have been searching for the New Earth. The Harkback have lost faith in the Spirits, overthrown their rule, and decided to head back for the Old Earth, not believing its death. Both sides took the final step on their way, but the chain has closed and mortal enemies entered the same planet face to face.
Perimeter II is a project for fans of the RTS genre. The revolutionary concept of terra-forming, along with new elements and fresh ideas, is sure to provide a unique gaming experience.
"We are excited about Perimeter II and its fresh approach to RTS Gaming. The franchise has a history of innovative game play that stands out on the PC platform,” said Strategy First Business Development Manager, Emanuel Wall.
"We at KDV Games are very excited to bring Perimeter 2 to North America. This game is filled with original and experimental game play ideas and is sure to shake up the RTS genre. We hope that both strategy fans and novice players will find something they like in P2,” said Helen Khudenko, Producer at KDV Games
- Territorial warfare, based on the conflict of water and ground, brings gameplay to a new dimension.
- Unit transformation assures quick and effective reaction to the events on the battlefield as well as tactical diversity.
- Newly introduced Action-elements: players can enter the battle using the Providence - a Tactical Manipulator of Direct Action - and its super attacks: such as huge explosions, meteor showers, and more.
- Newly introduced RPG-elements: players can dig the gaming maps in search of psy-crystals that are used to unlock and upgrade Providence's super attacks. Furthermore, psy-crystals unlock important secrets about the past of New Earth.
- Internet and LAN multiplayer up to 8 players
Exodus - the greatest expedition in the history of mankind, has reached its goal. But does it mean the end of suffering? And if New Earth is a trap, what price will it cost?
Perimeter II: New Earth is currently scheduled for release in North America on January 28, 2008.