Team Fortress 2 (TF2) is the sequel to the game that put class-based, multiplayer team warfare on the map. This year’s most anticipated online action game, TF2 delivers new gametypes, a signature art style powered by Valve’s next generation animation technology, persistent player statistics, and more.
Unlike other “class-based” games that offer a variety of combat classes only, Team Fortress 2 packs a wild variety of classes which provide a broad range of tactical abilities and personalities, and lend themselves to a variety of player skills. Play as the flame-throwing Pyro, the room clearing Heavy, or the Spy, a master of disguises. Other classes include: Scout, Sniper, Medic, Engineer, Demoman, or Soldier.
Team Fortress 2 Update:
- The Engineer's teleporters can now be upgraded to level three. It will recharge faster the higher level it is
- The Engineer's dispensers can now be upgraded to level three. It will give out metal and heal faster as it is upgraded
- Spies will be able to recharge their cloaking ability by picking up ammo off of the ground or from health cabinets
- Some changes to the second part of the first stage of Goldrush to give the attackers more of an advantage
- Any weapons that fire bullets (shotguns, sniper's machine gun, heavy's minigun, etc.) can now break apart the Demoman's stickybombs
- The icon on the HUD for a person calling for Medic will now give more information to the medic (if the target is low on health, on fire, etc.)
- Added an achievement tracker that will allow people to choose specific achievements that they are trying to get
- There is now a custom icon for death messages when the player was killed from a critical hit
- Added a new particle effect for when a player enters the water
- Added smoke to the feet of a rocket jumping soldier
- Players will now have some particles swirling around them so other players can see when they are overhealed
TF2 features the most advanced graphics of any Source-based game released to date – and the most exciting class-based action ever created.
Half-Life 2: The Orange Box is currently available, at $49.99 for the PC version and $59.99 for the X360 and PS3 editions.
More articles about Team Fortress 2