The Last Remnant is a completely original RPG title, taking advantage of the power of next-generation hardware to build a lush, realtime fantasy world. Making full use of the power of Epic Games' flexible middleware solution, Unreal Engine 3, Square Enix can now achieve simultaneous development on multiple platforms.
The game's battle system has been carefully crafted to deliver a brand-new experience for gamers, as they control forces in massive battles between up to seventy different units at once. Today's press conference also featured a demonstration of the game, showing off the dynamic world and sprawling landscapes of The Last Remnant.
Long ago, the world was filled with Remnants -- mysterious artifacts from an ancient civilization. But as time passed, the powers of the Remnants began to shift the world's balance. As the rift widened between those who ruled and those who were ruled over, a new era dawned: one of countless frays brought upon the world by those enslaved by their own lust for power.
A thousand years later, the journey of one young man begins.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “THE LAST REMNANT represents a significant step in bringing our titles to a global audience and to all fans regardless of the platforms that they own. Following the Xbox 360® release, we hope to reach a new audience with the Games for Windows version of THE LAST REMNANT and I hope that fans enjoy this exciting new adventure.”
Key Features :
- Imagine a vast, war-torn battlefield, scarred by years of conflict.
- Countless enemies surround the player, who is backed up by his own army.
- Threatened by numerous foes and saved in the nick of time by allies, players will feel the true tension of a soldier on the battlefield.
- As many as seventy units will duke it out at once in fierce yet beautiful battles.
- Backed by the visual power of next-gen hardware, the unique play style and battle system will challenge and invigorate players like never before.
- Innovative new battle system that allows for large scale battles delivered with an unrivalled cinematic intensity
- Selective Encounter System allows you to engage the enemy your way, eliminating random battles
- New features not included in the original Xbox 360 release version
The Last Remnant is currently available on Xbox 360, with the PC edition coming spring 2009, PS3 version date to be announced.
More articles about The Last Remnant