Rise of the Argonauts (PS3/X360/PC)
“Rooted in Greek mythology, the narrative in Rise of the Argonauts is a modern retelling of Jason’s relentless quest for the Golden Fleece,” said Ed Del Castillo, president of Liquid Entertainment. “The innovative deeds system and immersive environment in Rise of the Argonauts is sure to keep players entrenched in the gameplay.”
Rise of the Argonauts immerses players in a gladiatorial adventure set in a wondrously imagined vision of ancient Greece. Taking the role of Jason, a hero and expert warrior, players will battle alongside Hercules, Achilles, Atalanta and other Argonauts as they engage in brutal, real-time combat against formidable beasts and enemies, in a vast world alive with fickle gods, jaw-dropping panoramas, deep exploration and epic quests.
From Athena and Ares to Apollo and Hermes, the Greek gods know and judge all of Jason’s adventures in Rise of the Argonauts. Wise and virtuous Athena casts down bolts of lighting to stun and smite Jason’s foes. Ares, the Lord of Battle, can imbue Jason’s weapons with the power to turn flesh to stone. Apollo, the Sun God, beams shafts of sunlight to protect and regenerate Jason’s health in battle. Hermes, the trickster of Olympus, can grant Jason the power to create decoys of himself or to banish his enemies to Tartarus, the place of the condemned. Through careful decision-making, Jason can improve himself through combat, dialogue and the divine favor of the gods. The search for the Golden Fleece is not only one of exploration, but of transformation: from warrior king to exalted hero touched by the gods.
WordJong Party (Wii)
The smash online and NDS puzzler WordJong is coming to Wii with all-new multiplayer modes, gorgeous new visuals and more. Use a set of lettered tiles to create words and clear the board in both single-player and intense four-player modes. WordJong Party boasts several new features exclusive to the Wii™ system not found in any other version!
- Party Mode: Go head-to-head against three other players (human or AI) in two intense split-screen modes: turn-taking Round Play and real-time Frantic Mode!
- Power-Ups: Score Multiplier and Wild tiles have been joined with mighty new Power-Up Tiles in Party Mode. Use them to help yourself, hinder all players, or target a specific opponent! Use the Wii Remote as a flashlight after being hit with the screen darkening Lights Out Tile. Wipe your board clean during a Sandstorm Tile attack and more!
- Enhanced Solo Mode: Daily and Battle modes return with all new features:
- Daily Mode: Beat a new challenge every day in Daily Mode, with new themes like ice puzzles, jade puzzles, and more.
- Battle Mode: Begin the perilous journey up Zodiac Mountain, stopping at sacred Word Temples along the way to test your knowledge against the various Zodiac characters. Be wary though - you may find yourself battling two cunning opponents at the same time!
- Updated Graphics: Immerse yourself in the world of WordJong with all-new backgrounds, music, and special effects! Expect to see many familiar faces, as well as a mysterious all-new challenger!
WordJong Party is scheduled for release on December 19, 2008 exclusively for Wii.