The v2.34 update is packed with new features such as new armour, a brand new snow region, a whopping 20 new opponents and spectacular new weapons. In addition, a completely new series of quests guarantees tons of gaming fun and provides a special set of armour specifically designed to get you into the festive spirit. Naturally, many game details were improved as well, making for an even better gaming experience.
The first beta version of the Sacred 2 network includes an extensive ladder and highscore ranking system allowing you to compare your own performance to that of other community members. You can even win ranks and orders, and legendary characters are immortalized in a Heroes' Cemetery and a Hall of Fame. You can also use the social network to create your own profile then contact other users, make new friends, or arrange some multiplayer sessions.
Tincat, the flexible multiplayer engine from Arvato Systems, makes it possible to export all information belonging to a game character to the SACRED 2 network, and view it there. This allows players to compare character and guild information, and to view multiple highscore lists, making for additional long-term motivation.
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel Update 2.34
- New area with 24 aboveground sectors and about 6 additional underground sectors
- New textures and objects to create a snowy landscape
- Additional sounds for the snowy landscape
- 20 new creatures
- New NPCs
- New full quest chain
- Additional armor set for each character
- New armor items and weapons
Hint: The Christmas Island is shrouded in mystery so you can't see it on the world map. To begin your journey to it, find and speak to the Kobold in Thylysium, then sail to the port he unlocks.
* It was not possible to load an old save after patching, if the character in the old save had an item in their hand (held by the mouse pointer) at the time the save occurred.
* Characters over lvl 61 were unable to create game channels (only able to join them).
* Sometimes after rebirth at a resurrection monolith, the character started at an incorrect position on the map leading to a dead end.
* The fourth Guardian of the Big Machine could sometimes be killed while it still idled. This skipped the end boss fight.
* Crystal Monster: The lightbeam adjustment didn’t rotate which led to confusion about why the hero was stunned.
* When tabbing out of the game then going back, the position of the mounted hero had changed.
* Temple Guardian’s “Amplifying Discharge” with Mods 1b & 2b " Ricochet": Rebounding projectiles did not cause further damage after the first rebound.
* Temple Guardian’s “Combat Alert” with Mod 1a "Assault": The increase in attack value was not shown on the tooltip.
* Temple Guardian’s “Dedicated Blow”: The damage conversion for 'prone to ice' for fire elementals converted damage into poison.
* High Elf’s “Blazing Tempest” dealt too much damage.
* High Elf’s “Fire Demon” with just achieved mod "Enliven": The increased damage was only visible after changing the CA slots. New damage is now instantly shown.
* High Elf’s “Glacial Thorns” dealt too much damage and caused massive frame rate fall off when used on bosses.
* The “Fire Demon” and “Moribund Animus” buffs restarted automatically. Now you need to reactivate them again manually.
* Inquisitor‘s “Ruthless Mutilation” didn’t work properly with ranged weapons.
* Shadow Warrior’s “Rallied Souls” with Mod 1a "Armament" resistance values were too high.
* Seraphim’s “Archangel's Wrath” with Mod 1b "Salve": Additional fireball was added but damage didn’t decrease.
* At the end of a combat-art move the Dryad erroneously shot another round of shuriken/knifes.
* Dryad’s Hireling “Moribund Animus” no longer lies down every few seconds.
* It was possible to forge high-level items into low-level weapons and armor. This could lead to overpowered items. Now the highest level of the forged items will be the new level of the item.
* Slot boni on forged items didn’t work properly. Now silver slots give 7 % bonus and gold slots give 15 % bonus.
* Item bonus "+x to all CA’s" didn’t work correctly.
* Monster attacks had a motionblur-effect that lasted too long.
* The audio option “Character Effects on Center” had no effect on playback in 5.1 surround sound.
* Several sound issues fixed for boss music, deathsplatter-effect and unique items.
* Missing sound profiles added for T-mutant Human and High Elves as well as for new mini-bosses.
* All sounds were initiated with a short snapping sound.
* Singleplayer CoOp: When you started an SP game and opened the game as MP, the server started without a name. Now the name is CharacternameXXXX where XXXX stands for a random 4 digit number.
* Rivers had dust clouds instead of water splashes.
* Inventory picture for “Celdrahil's Gloves” was missing.
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel Update 2.31
- Implemented a new ingame options menu.
- Added ten new bosses to reward exploration.
- Added eight new portals for more convenient travelling around Ancaria.
- New “level of detail system” for better general performance.
- Better pathing.
- End bosses use more/improved special abilities.
- Opponents in dungeons are more challenging now.
- Buffs can no longer be activated when the selected combat art slot is empty.
- Improved targeting with combos.
- Improved drop reward for the completion of side quests.
- “Mastery” of the skill "Enhanced Perception" will now yield significantly better chest drops.
- Failed quests no longer count as resolved quests in the game statistics.
- PvP: It is no longer possible to attack another player during his fade-in by joining a server at the start island.
- PvP: Target circle now shows under mounted players.
- Fixed that Inquisitor’s armor and clothes were detached from body with certain graphic settings.
- Fixed that PvP was possible in some cities.
- Fixed clipping issue during praying animation.
- Fixed sound issues for the mainquest dialogs.
- Fixed several possible causes for crashes.
- Fixed one cause for random decrease of fps.
- Several minor fixes for combat arts.
- Multi-hit combat arts performed with ranged weapons now have a limit of three projectiles.
- Fixed that the Temple Guardian did not move to attack when mounted on a horse.
- Mainquest related holograms in the jungle area are now working correctly.
- Quest log no longer needs to be activated after exit/load.
- New mini-sets are now dropping
- Set-items now drop much more often and earlier
- MP-Servers can now be opened and joined at any difficulty
- In MP the difficulty of the enemies is not global for the whole server anymore. If two or more players with different levels play in different parts of the world, each player has its own enemies with their own spawn level
- MP - mode "free game" and PvP now has open ship ports between the isles
- The teleporters in cities will be activated as soon as the city is discovered
- Boni on items are now displayed in red if they don’t affect the character. This can happen for example if they apply to the wrong character-class or if they augment a skill that the player has not yet learned
- Facetteleon now has less graphical effect issues with different detail levels
- Quest items that need to be collected now stack in the log
- In the sidequest "Kobold chief" it was possible that the sound was muted, this has been fixed
- Sidequest "A strange machine" had missing texts, this is now fixed
- Traps now work correctly.
- Only five side quests involving hirelings can be accepted at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where quest hirelings were resurrected with the hero if they died before the quest had been solved.
- Fixed an issue where dead enemies sometimes stood upright after they died.
- Fixed an issue where the “Swirling Mist of Miasma” sometimes stopped spawning undead creatures and could not be killed.
- NPC and PC forging have been rebalanced. Values now depend on the difficulty level. PC forging is now less powerful.
- When the Inquisitor had throwing stars or throwing daggers equipped the animation for the combat art “Mortifying Pillory” was broken. This has been fixed.
- Several levitating objects and minor terrain issues have been fixed.
- A refresh button for the server list is now available in the MP-Lobby.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to trade with a mounted hero.
- It is no longer possible to equip halberds in the left hand.
- Fixed an issue where players would receive only one item back in their inventory after placing stacks of potions or trophies into the player trade window and then canceling the deal by pressing [ESC].
- Fixed an issue where the player was not properly teleported during the side quest “Ghosttown”.
- Dismounting now takes less time.
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel Update 2.12
- Some players suffered lag while clicking on NPCs and objects since hotfix 2. This has been fixed.
- Under specific circumstances it could happen that a savegame overwrote another character. This has been fixed.
- Sometimes players were not able to join servers, and getting the message that there was a version conflict incorrectly. This has been fixed.
- It is now possible to use the character slots  and above in closedNet Lobby.
- Some cases, in which quests that require a certain amount of collected items didn’t grant enough items have been improved.
- The function of [f12] has been improved. [f12] now teleports the character to the resurrection point. This works for both singleplayer and multiplayer.
- Quests, in which a certain amount of items must be collected, sometimes didn’t grant enough items to be collected. This has been fixed.
- The sidequest arrow does not point to completed sidequests anymore.
- The removal of the fog of war has been improved.
- In multiplayer campaign servers it was possible that the progress of the server was interfered with by clients who accomplished sidequests. This has been fixed.
- Corpses no longer block projectiles.
- Mounts sometimes lost XP after exit/load. This has been fixed.
- An occasional problem with sounds on the 5.1-subwoofer-channel has been fixed.
- An exploit with hero statues has been closed.
- An exploit with which the smith could be used to duplicate items has been closed.
- An exploit with which the buddy list could be used to duplicate items has been closed.
- A redundant window concerning the connection to the chat server has been removed.
- Hotfix 3 introduces an auto-updater that will facilitate future updates.
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel Update 2.10
- Die Performance wurde erheblich optimiert.
- Das Game- Balancing und die KI wurden weiter verbessert.
- Das Dropverhalten der Gegner wurde verbessert (höhere Wahrscheinlichkeit auf Drop)
- Ein Auto Update Tool ist nun verfügbar.
- Diverse Fehler im Lobby-Bereich wurden behoben
- Das Quest-System wurde deutlich optimiert (Dialoge und Quest-Texte).
- Die Performance des Main Menüs wurde verbessert.
- Beim Aktivieren der Alt-Taste werden nun die Namen der am Boden liegenden Items und alle NPC und Charakternamen angezeigt.
- Die Quick Save Funktion wurde optimiert! Charaktere werden beim Drücken der F9 Taste direkt gespeichert.
- Beim Aktivieren der F12 Taste versetzt der Spieler den Helden an den Standort des letzten aktivierten Respawn Orts (Respawn Stein).
- Die Sound FX wurde optimiert.
- Das Spiel benutzt nun Medium Settings als Standard.
- Das Questbuch besitzt nun eine bessere Übersicht.
- Beim Mouseover über die Lebensleiste eines Begleiters, erfährt der Spieler nun, welche Quest dem Begleiter zugeordnet ist.
- Der Side Quest Kompass bleibt nun fixiert, auch wenn neue Side-Quests angenommen werden.
- Die Anzahl der Begleiter wurde auf 5 pro Charakter limitiert.
- Die Stärke der Boss und Elite Gegner wurde etwas reduziert.
- Die Kampfanimationen der Helden wurden weiter optimiert.
- Wesentlich mehr Set- und Unique-Items wurden eingefügt.
- Das Preissystem wurde generell weiter angepasst. Die Preise für Reittiere wurden etwas herunter gesetzt.
- Die Preise für geschmiedete Waffen und Zutaten wurden reduziert.
- In den Städten ist kein PVP mehr möglich (Sichere Zone).
- Ein Hardwarecursor wurde eingefügt.
- Weitere diverse Bugfixes wurden durchgeführt.
- Closed Net Server 3 > 6 Slots
A Hero's Decision Affects the Lives of Many. It is time to choose your destiny, whether to champion the cause of good or to delve into the twisted paths of evil.
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is an Action RPG with a rich story that takes place in a giant, open-ended and seamless world. This world contains hundreds of dungeons, treacherous opponents and a variety of challenging quests. Intelligent enemies, steadily adapting in number and difficulty based on player progress, challenge in heroic single- and multiplayer battles.
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel provides numerous unique items that can be gathered in this mystical world. A deep reward system further enables advancements in character, individual attributes and character-specific fighting styles, each designed to keep players returning to the world of Sacred 2: Fallen Angel to discover what is around the next bend. Drop-in styled cooperative multiplayer gameplay ensures players will enjoy the game alone or seamlessly with friends at any time. Five unique multiplayer modes round out the experience and offer a refreshing, first-class gaming experience in Sacred 2: Fallen Angel.
Key Features include:
- A huge, seamless and dynamic world that allows for free-form exploration
- Two campaigns: play as the “Light” or “Shadow” side, complete with distinct skills, rewards and story-elements tailored to the chosen path
- Six exceptional, playable characters, each with a distinct look, capabilities and in-game motivation
- Modifiable combat arts: change and upgrade your alter ego’s combat skills as you make choices throughout the game
- Fight effectively from the back of a number of mounts under your control
- Deities offer unique combat disciplines to players
- The ultimate multiplayer experience – seamless transition between single- and multiplayer gaming modes
- Captivating online modes of play challenge gamers in cooperative and PvP play
- Extraordinary, cutting-edge graphics utilize the latest technologies
Featuring six diverse and in-depth characters, each with their own distinct gameplay style. SACRED 2 will offer the player two different campaigns; one in the Light, the other in Shadow. The chosen path will influence the reception of the player in different environments; a city which welcomed a good character is likely to be hostile towards an evil one. Learn stunning fighting techniques and sophisticated spells. Collect a huge variety of weapons and objects and enhance the character's attributes to create a unique, personalised hero.
The setting is nearly 2,000 years prior to the events of SACRED. The player assumes the role of one of six characters and enters into a story of quests and secrets, magic and sorcery, power and honour. The player must choose their path wisely, as both Light and Shadow campaigns weave alternative journeys across the world of SACRED 2, where the unwary traveller may be aided or attacked by the various inhabitants in the vast land of Ancaria.
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is slated to launch on PC, Sept. 30, 2008 (first week of October across Europe) while the X360 and PS3 versions are scheduled for Nov. 7, 2008.
More articles about Sacred 2: Fallen Angel