Based on Games Workshop's epic and longstanding tabletop fantasy war game, WAR is a unique MMORPG that features revolutionary Realm vs. Realm (RvR) gameplay that will immerse players in a world of perpetual conflict for years to come. WAR has been recognized for its unique play style that appeals to novice MMO players while offering incredible depth for more seasoned players.
The forces of Order and Destruction are now invited to join a Realm-wide pub crawl across the Old World as the Dwarfs drain their old barrels and casks in hopes of good fortune and better brews in the New Year.
Of course, holidays in WAR are never just for celebrating, and this one is no exception. Ogres have been drawn out of hiding by the scent of beer and blood, and those who challenge them in combat may be rewarded with special Keg End loot. Snotlings have also been discovered in ale stores across the world, and the special brews they’ve snatched could prove extremely useful for Order and Destruction players alike.
Even more incredible are stories popping up about the legendary Golden Stein, a powerful relic that bestows the blessings of Grimnir himself on whoever possesses it. Rumors say that it’s been spotted on battlefields across the Old World, but only the daring and dedicated will be able to unravel its mysteries as the New Year approaches.
Light your fireworks and /toast a friend, because Keg End has begun and the WAR rages on!
- Based on Games Workshop's popular Warhammer fantasy world. Dominated by force of arms and magic, this world provides a rich setting for hundreds of thousands of players to experience the epic nature of war and the glory of battle.
- Join one of six Armies and fight for the Armies of Order (Dwarf, High Elf and Empire) or the Armies of Destruction (Greenskin, Dark Elf, or Chaos). Wage war across three unique battlefronts.
- Next generation Realm vs. Realm game system integrating both PvP combat and PvE quests on the same map in support of the greater war.
- Engage in four levels of RvR combat:
- Skirmishes: Incidental PvP combat
- Battlefields: Objective-based battles in the game world
- Scenarios: Instanced, point-based battles balanced with NPC Dogs of War
- Campaigns: The invasion of enemy lands culminating in the assault on their capital city
- Undertake a wide variety of PvE quest types related to an army's war efforts, including:
- Public quests that benefit from the participation of the entire army
- Conflict quests that pit players against an enemy with opposing goals
- Branching quests that let you choose the outcome of the quest and your reward
- Xmas quests that reward exploration with high value loot
- A robust combat system introduces Player Tactics (earned powers you equip prior to battle) and Morale Skills (combat options that increase in power when the momentum of battle is in your favor).
- Player models that change to reflect the relative power of a character (i.e., Orcs grow in size and Dwarfs' beards get longer). Customizable armor and a visual guild system allow a player to make their character truly unique.
- Embark on an epic quest to complete the Tome of Knowledge and unlock Warhammer lore, detailed monster information, and major story plotlines.
- Online play requires a subscription and Internet connection.
More articles about Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning