The LittleBigPlanet experience starts with players learning about their character's powers to interact physically with the environment. There are obstacles to explore, bits and pieces to collect and puzzles to solve -- requiring a combination of brains and collaborative teamwork. As players begin to explore, their creative skills will grow and they will be ready to start creating and modifying their surroundings -- the first step to sharing them with the whole community.
Characters have the power to move anything in this glued and stitched- together 3D landscape; they have the power to design, shape and build both objects and entire locations for others to view and play. There's no complicated level editor; all of these skills can be learned by simply playing the game. Creativity is part of the gameplay experience and playing is part of the creative experience. Players can make their world as open or as secretive to explore as they like. When it's ready, they can invite anyone within the LittleBigPlanet community to come and explore their patch -- or can go and explore everybody else's.
Metal Gear Solid Premium Costume Pack
You’ve seen Solid Snake, but have you seen the rest of the cast? Meryl Silverburgh, Screaming Mantis & Raiden each have their own costumes from the MGS world. Get all 4 characters for the price of 3 at $5.99 on the PS Store, or pick your favorite and buy it individually for $1.99.
Metal Gear Solid Premium Level Pack
Now that you know about the Festive Level Pack, which fills your Pop-it tool with a ton of “Create” materials, objects and stickers, MM's Premium Level Packs introduce that and a whole lot more. So without further adeu…lets talk about what’s inside the MGS Level Pack:
- 1 new background music track
- 3 new interactive music tracks
- 1 new Metal Gear Solid themed ‘sound object’
- New Plasma Ball ‘danger element’
- New Laser Sight ‘gadget’
- New functioning Searchlight lamp – for those special ‘exclamation mark’ moments
- …and finally, the piece de resistance…THE PAINTINATOR (and Paint Switch)
Now, not only will you be able to run, jump, push, pull, swing, etc, etc in LBP, but now you’ll be able to splatter anything that comes between you and the end of any level. Once you equip the Paintinator, you can send sacksized paintballs flying by mashing on the R1 button and using the right stick to aim. Few things about flying paintballs, when Sackboys are hit with them, it feels like a very weak slap. You can also shoot ‘Brains’ from a safe distance and progress thru levels much easier. In addition to the Paintinator, Media Molecule are introducing a Paint Switch, so you can attach it to any object and set it to destruct after being splattered with enough paint.
Add to all that, there are 12 new Trophies to unlock.
For those who buy the Premium Level Pack, you get everything above. If you don’t buy it, you’ll still be able to enjoy the MGS pack goodness. Here’s how:
- Non-MGS Level Pack owners can PLAY the MGS Story Levels by joining a “host” who owns the pack and play the levels online together. Now you won’t be able to keep any objects, but you can have tons of fun just PLAYing.
- MGS Level Pack owners will be able to CREATE levels with any of these items (including the Paintinator) and SHARE them online for everyone to play.
All of the Metal Gear Solid content will be available for $5.99 on Dec. 23, 2008.
- There's not just one way to play. Players craft their own individual experience
- Unlimited possibilities for user-created content -- players can customize everything: their characters, the landscape around them and their own patch on LittleBigPlanet
- Players discover and win new skills and items to aid them on their creative journey
- Initial levels will be provided -- endless others will be user-generated on a global scale. LittleBigPlanet will change every day as players contribute their own levels
- Online and offline multiplayer modes -- play alone, work as a team or get competitive
- LittleBigPlanet global community for players to get involved with: includes player comments, rankings and easy communication with new and existing friends
More articles about LittleBigPlanet