Guitar Hero World Tour will transform music gaming by marrying Guitar Hero’s exhilarating guitar gameplay, with a cooperative band experience that combines the most advanced wireless instruments with revolutionary new online and offline gameplay modes. The game will feature a slick newly redesigned guitar, a genuine electronic drum kit and a microphone, as well as an innovative Music Studio music creator that lets players compose, record, edit and share their own rock and roll anthems, along with online Band Career and 8-player “Battle of the Bands.”
Delivering the largest on-disc set list in a music-rhythm game to-date, Guitar Hero World Tour is comprised entirely of master recordings from some of the greatest classic and modern rock bands of all-time including Van Halen, Linkin Park, The Eagles, Sublime and many more. Additionally, the game will offer significantly more localized downloadable music than ever before on all of the next-generation consoles. Budding rock stars will also be given creative license to fully customize everything from their characters’ appearance and instruments to their band’s logo and album covers.
Before fans ring in the New Year, additional downloadable content for Guitar Hero World Tour from hard rock bands Hinder, Nickelback and Rev Theory, will be available on December 23rd. Hinder's first single "Use Me," from their recently released album Take It to the Limit, is joined by Nickelback's "Because of You" and Rev Theory's "Light it Up."
Further diversifying the catalogue of songs available for download for Guitar Hero World Tour is the debut of the Country Rock Track Pack featuring Rascal Flatts "Me and My Gang," plus GRAMMY® Award winning artists Brad Paisley's "Ticks" and Brooks & Dunn's "Hillbilly Deluxe." Country music fans can rock out starting on January 8th.
World-renowned drummer Travis Barker, whose likeness appears in Guitar Hero World Tour, is returning to the Guitar Hero stage on January 15th for an encore with a three-song Track Pack illustrating his talents across various styles of music. Two of the tracks, "What's My Age Again" and "Lycanthrope," are from his work as part of blink-182 and +44 respectively. Completing the Track Pack is his solo-project remixing Flo Rida's smash-hit "Low."
Following multiple stops around the world and further expanding the Guitar Hero global music library, Guitar Hero World Tour makes a trip down under on January 22nd with three of the biggest Australian bands of all-time. Silverchair makes their debut appearance in the Guitar Hero franchise with their 1995 hit "Tomorrow." Rounding out the Track Pack is the GRAMMY Award winning Wolfmother with "Dimension" and The Vines with their hit "Outtathaway!"
After making a successful splash into Guitar Hero World Tour downloadable content with three singles off their critically acclaimed Dig Out Your Soul album, gamers will have the opportunity to shred, drum and wail away to the full album from beloved, multi-platinum UK rock band, Oasis, in its entirety on January 29th. Joining "Bag it Up," "Waiting for the Rapture" and "The Shock of the Lightning" are "The Turning," "I'm Outta Time," "(Get Off Your) High Horse Lady," "Falling Down," "To Be Where There's Life," "Ain't Got Nothin," "The Nature of Reality" and "Soldier On."
The Oasis Album will be available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for the Xbox 360 for 1520 Microsoft Points and on the PlayStation Store for the PS3 for $18.99. The Track Packs will be released for Xbox 360 for 440 Microsoft Points and PS3 for $5.49. The songs on the Oasis Album and in each Track Pack will be released as downloadable singles for Xbox 360 for 160 Microsoft Points, PS3 for $1.99 and Wii for 200 Wii Points.
Untitled Track Pack - Dec.r 23 (440 Microsoft Points/$5.50)
- Hinder - "Use Me"
- Nickeback - "Because of You"
- Rev Theory - "Light it Up"
Coutry Rock Track Pack - Jan. 8 (440 Microsoft Points/$5.50)
- Rascal Flatts - "Me and My Gang"
- Brad Paisley - "Ticks"
- Brooks & Dunn - "Hillbilly Deluxe"
Travis Barker Track Pack - Jan. 15 (440 Microsoft Points/$5.50)
- Blink 182 - "What's My Age Again"
- +44 - "Lycanthrope"
- Flo Rida - "Low (Travis Barker Remix)"
Australian Rock Track Pack - Jan. 22 (440 Microsoft Points/$5.50)
- Silverchair - "tomorrow"
- Wolfmother - "Dimension"
- The Vines - "Outtathaway!"
Oasis' Dig Out Your Soul (Full Album) - Jan. 29 (1520 Microsoft Points/$19)
- "The Turning"
- "I'm Outta Time"
- "(Get Off Your) High Horse Lady"
- "Falling Down"
- "To Be Where There's Life"
- "Ain't Got Nothin"
- "The Nature of Reality"
- "Soldier On"
- "Bag it Up"
- "Waiting for the Rapture"
- "The Shock of Lightning"
In addition to a newly designed more responsive guitar controller and microphone, Guitar Hero World Tour will deliver the most realistic drum experience ever in a video game with an authentic electronic drum kit. Featuring three drum pads, two raised cymbals and a bass kick pedal, the drum controller combines larger and quieter, velocity-sensitive drum heads with soft rubber construction to deliver authentic bounce back and is easy to set up, move, break down and store.
Guitar Hero World Tour is cranking it to 11 by featuring several of the most influential instrument and equipment brands in the music industry. Gamers can score in-game sponsorships and gear from Ampeg, Audio-Technica, EMG Pickups, Ernie Ball, Evans Drumheads, Guitar Center, Krank Amplification, Mackie, Marshall, Orange County Drum & Percussion, Pork Pie Percussion, Regal Tip, Sabian cymbals, Vox and Zildjian drumsticks.
In addition to featuring products, the game lets virtual bands play on the same stage as many of their favorite musicians with digital re-creations of Amoeba Music, Live Nation’s House of Blues® Sunset Strip and San Francisco’s AT&T Park.
Activision announced the Mii Freestyle gameplay mode for the Wii version of Guitar Hero World Tour, which invites Wii gamers to use their Mii avatars to create in-game music and learn how to play the game in an easy and fun way. Players can learn to play riffs to some classic songs or freestyle to their own creations using the guitar controller or utilize the Wii remote and Nunchuk as air drums.
Complete track/band list :
- 311 - “Beautiful Disaster”
- 30 Seconds To Mars - “The Kill”
- Airbourne - “Too Much Too Young”
- The Allman Brothers Band - “Ramblin' Man”
- Anouk - “Good God”
- The Answer - “Never Too Late”
- At The Drive-In - “One Armed Scissor”
- Beastie Boys - “No Sleep Till Brooklyn”
- Beatsteaks - “Hail to the Freaks”
- Billy Idol - “Rebel Yell”
- Black Label Society - “Stillborn”
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - “Weapon of Choice”
- blink-182 - “Dammit”
- Blondie - “One Way or Another”
- Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - “Hollywood Nights”
- Bon Jovi - “Livin’ On A Prayer”
- Bullet For My Valentine - “Scream Aim Fire”
- Coldplay - “Shiver”
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - “Up Around The Bend”
- The Cult - “Love Removal Machine”
- Dinosaur Jr. - “Feel The Pain”
- The Doors - “Love Me Two Times”
- Dream Theater - “Pull Me Under”
- The Eagles - “Hotel California”
- The Enemy - “Aggro”
- Filter - “Hey Man, Nice Shot”
- Fleetwood Mac - “Go Your Own Way”
- Foo Fighters - “Everlong”
- The Guess Who - “American Woman”
- Hush Puppies - “You're Gonna Say Yeah!”
- Interpol - “Obstacle 1”
- Jane's Addiction - “Mountain Song”
- Jimi Hendrix - “Purple Haze (Live)”
- Jimi Hendrix - “The Wind Cries Mary”
- Jimmy Eat World - “The Middle”
- Joe Satriani - “Satch Boogie”
- Kent - “Vinternoll2”
- Korn - “Freak On A Leash”
- Lacuna Coil - “Our Truth”
- Lenny Kravitz - “Are You Gonna Go My Way”
- Linkin Park - “What I've Done”
- The Living End - “Prisoner of Society”
- Los Lobos - “La Bamba”
- Lost Prophets - “Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)”
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - “Sweet Home Alabama (Live)”
- Mars Volta - “L'Via L'Viaquez”
- MC5’s Wayne Kramer - “Kick Out The Jams”
- Metallica - “Trapped Under Ice”
- Michael Jackson - “Beat It”
- Modest Mouse - “Float On”
- Motörhead - “Overkill”
- Muse - “Assassin”
- Negramaro - “Nuvole e Lenzuola”
- Nirvana - “About a Girl (Unplugged)”
- No Doubt - “Spiderwebs”
- NOFX - “Soul Doubt”
- Oasis - “Some Might Say”
- Ozzy Osbourne - “Crazy Train”
- Ozzy Osbourne - “Mr. Crowley”
- Paramore - “Misery Business”
- Pat Benatar - “Heartbreaker”
- R.E.M. - “The One I Love”
- Radio Futura - “Escuela De Calor”
- Rise Against - “Re-Education Through Labor”
- Sex Pistols - “Pretty Vacant”
- Silversun Pickups - “Lazy Eye”
- Smashing Pumpkins - “Today”
- Steely Dan - “Do It Again”
- Steve Miller Band - “The Joker”
- Sting - “Demolition Man (Live)”
- The Stone Roses - “Love Spreads”
- Stuck In The Sound - “Toy Boy”
- Sublime - “Santeria”
- Survivor - “Eye of the Tiger”
- System of a Down - “B.Y.O.B.”
- Ted Nugent - “Stranglehold”
- Ted Nugent’s Original Guitar Duel Recording
- Tokio Hotel - “Monsoon”
- Tool - “Parabola”
- Tool - “Schism”
- Tool - “Vicarious”
- Trust - “Antisocial”
- Van Halen - “Hot For Teacher”
- Willie Nelson - “On The Road Again”
- Wings - “Band on the Run”
- Zakk Wylde’s Original Guitar Duel Recording
Guitar Hero World Tour delivers more ways to play than ever before. Virtual musicians can live out their rock and roll fantasies by playing either a single instrument, or any combination of instruments, in addition to the full band experience. In addition to all of the online gameplay modes from Guitar Hero® III: Legends of Rock, Guitar Hero World Tour introduces Battle of the Bands mode which allows eight players to join online and challenge each other band-to-band to determine who is the best of the best. In the Band modes, up to four players can jam together, online or off, as they progress through the game, and in single-player Career Mode, players can jam on any of the instruments in branching venue progression enabling them to rock out in the order of their choice.
The game’s innovative new Music Studio lets players express their musical creativity by giving them access to a full compliment of tools to create digital music from scratch, utilizing all of the instruments, and then play their compositions in the game. Music creators will also be able to share their recordings with their friends online through GHTunes where other gamers can download their unique compositions and play them.
More articles about Guitar Hero: World Tour