Street Fighter IV brings the legendary fighting series back to its roots by taking the beloved fighting moves and techniques of the original Street Fighter II, and infusing them with Capcom's latest advancements in next generation technology to create a truly extraordinary experience that will re-introduce the world to the time-honored art of virtual martial arts.
Everything that made the legendary Street Fighter II a hit in the arcades, living rooms and dormitories across the globe has been brought back in Street Fighter IV. Players will be able to play their favorite classic characters, such as Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and Guile, along with new characters, including Crimson Viper, Abel, El Fuerte, and Rufus. Characters and environments are rendered in stylized 3D, while the game is played in the classic Street Fighter 2D perspective with additional 3D camera flourishes. Six-button controls for the game return, with a host of new special moves and features integrated into the gameplay system. Street Fighter IV brings a brand new fighting game to fans the world over.
North American deets for the long-awaited Collector’s Edition! Capcom's not just throwing a craptacular “behind-the-scenes” video and “art book” with less images than you can find on any website into a cheesey tin box. Instead, the gorgeous package includes:
- The game
- A limited-edition (ie., not sold anywhere else) figurine – Ryu in the PS3 box, C. Viper hotness in the 360 flavor. Decisions, decisions...
- Street Fighter IV: The Ties That Bind: a 65 minute anime movie -- created by Studio 4C -- that sets up the story of SFIV by explaining events post-SFII. BluRay disc in the PS3 box! The Xbox version is a 360 game disc that outputs the movie at 720P, not a DVD.
- A mini-strategy guide from Prima, written by the same people doing the full-on guide and illustrated by Udon Comics
- CD soundtrack. Rock SFIV stage chunez in your car!
- …Plus some secret additional downloadable content that we’re not quite ready to reveal at this point. Look for more announcements soon!
All this wrapped up nicely in a box that features Ikeno-san’s instant classic illustration of Ryu, with images of the other characters on the sides.
All this can be yours for a mere $79.99.
- 3D environments and characters
- Traditional "2D" Street Fighter six-button gameplay
- Classic Street Fighter characters re-imagined for a new generation of gamers, including the original cast of Street Fighter II
- New brawlers: female super-spy Crimson Viper, lucha libre wrestler El Fuerte, mixed martial artist Abel and more!
- New special moves that go beyond any Street Fighter fan's wildest imagination, including Focus Attacks, Super Combos, and the revenge-fueled Ultra Combo system.
- Amazing locations never seen before in a Street Fighter game
- New gameplay elements provide challenges for both newcomers as well as the most seasoned Street Fighter pro.
More articles about Street Fighter IV