1. Fixed - Mines will no longer detonate if they cannot damage the ship.
2. Fixed - A few more conditions where vehicle design statistics would not record a destroyed ship.
3. Fixed - The solar system display was not repainting and removing marked minefields.
4. Fixed - After all enemies are dead in combat, ships will hold position.
5. Fixed - Starting technology points were still incorrect.
6. Fixed - Starting techs from racial traits were not being supplied.
1. Added - "Display Speed Improvements" to the Options window. These settings allow you to turn off the display
of certain column in the Ships, Colonies, and Systems window. Turning off the display of some columns
will greatly increase the time is takes to display these windows when large numbers of objects are
2. Fixed - Text wrapping was incorrect.
3. Fixed - Error in intelligence events script preventing messages.
4. Fixed - Mines will no longer detonate if they cannot damage the ship.
5. Fixed - Fleets selected to move together were losing an extra movement point.
6. Fixed - Damaged ships were not receiving their full movement on the turn they were repaired.
7. Fixed - Ships were not getting their crew back when unmothballed even if a crew source was available.
8. Fixed - On a deconstruction and analyze, you might get a message for an impossible tech level.
9. Fixed - Units would lose supplies and ordnance when recovered during combat.
10. Changed - Units launched will take supplies and ordnance from their parent object if they do not have
their maximum. They will only take supplies down to the level of "Ship Supply Amount for Low Supply
Warning" in Settings.txt.
11. Fixed - Units recovered on a ship will add their supplies and ordnance to the parent ship until it reaches its
1. Fixed - Units entering combat from space would not have their full allotment of supplies and ordnance.
2. Fixed - Using orders, you could remove the last 1M population from a planet.
3. Fixed - Destroyed organic armor would still regenerate.
4. Fixed - Some system wide facility abilities were not stacking correctly.
5. Fixed - Some planet damaging weapons would not fire on planets.
6. Fixed - A critical failure on a ship will result in zero movement and no weapons fire from that ship. A
critical failure is when a ship loses its bridge, master computer, all life support, all crew
quarters, or all of its crew.
7. Fixed - Starting technology points were including race trait supplied tech areas.
8. Fixed - Alliance proposal vote requirements will now round up. For example, if the rules say that 60% of
votes are needed to pass and there are 3 possible votes, then 2 votes are required to pass the proposal.
9. Fixed - Religious Studies should have only 1 tech level.
10. Fixed - You can only retrofit a ship once per turn.
11. Fixed - When you join an alliance, your empire becomes aware of all empires and alliances that any of the
members are aware of.
12. Fixed - A component's supply and ordnance usage can never be lowered below 1 by abilities if the original value
was greater than zero.
13. Fixed - Error in event script changing a planet's value.
14. Fixed - Error in event script increasing a population's anger.
15. Fixed - Fixed some overflow errors that could be generated in scripts.
16. Added - Field "Compress Savegames" to Settings.txt data file. This determines whether the game will compress and
decompress savegames, map files, empire files, game setup files, and player order files. Setting this to
false has trade offs: Your savegames will load and save much faster, but will be much larger in size
(instead of a 30MB savegame, you'll have a 300MB savegame file). Also, with this setting false, the game
will no longer be able to load compressed games. This field is really intended for single player games
where the load times have become unbearably long. If you wish to manually compressdecompress a savegame
file use the program SE5Compressor.exe in the se5utilities directory.
17. Fixed - Treaties that shared designs could cause the savegame to bloat with designs kept around long after they
were no longer being used.
18. Changed - Old designs are now deleted when no longer in use, marked as obsolete, and haven't been seen in at least 2 years.
1. Fixed - AI script for purchasing initial technology would sometimes repurchase existing levels.
2. Fixed - "Sys_AI_Setup_Get_Research_Points_Remaining" was returning an incorrect value.
3. Fixed - "Sys_AI_Setup_Select_Tech_Area" was returning false incorrectly at times.
4. Fixed - In a no intelligence game, the AI would still build Intelligence facilities.
5. Fixed - Sometimes the processing of a game turn could result in an unloadable game file.
6. Added - "All Shipsets Get 360 Degree Center Firing Point" to Settings.txt. This field adds an additional firing point to all shipsets that is directly in the center of the ship and fires in a 360 degree arc. This field is mainly used for shipsets that don't have a complete firing field for their ships.
7. Fixed - The expected benefits for a tech level would sometimes not show all items.
8. Changed - Decreased damage per level increase for smaller weapons.
9. Fixed - In Simultaneous games, changes made to a planet would not be included in the orders file if the player made the changes, saved the game, and reloaded the game before ending their turn.
10. Fixed - May have fixed the duplicating design problem during simultaneous games.
11. Fixed - Long text strings without spaces would sometimes not be displayed in message boxes.
12. Fixed - Sometimes the combat replay log file would get junk in it.
1. Fixed - The Resupply At Nearest order was only sending a ship to the nearest location which currently had both supply and ordnance available. It will now first pick a site with supply and ordnance available, if that fails it will pick a site with supply available, and failing that it will pick the nearest site that generates supply.
2. Changed - The restriction that fighters can only be launched once per turn has been removed.
3. Fixed - Units recovered from space retain their last movement amount for the turn. If they are relaunched in the same turn, they will have their same movement amount as when they were recovered. If they are launched into a group with full movement, then the group will now have the minimum movement of all units present.
4. Fixed - When units are recovered from space, they also transfer with their percentage of supply and ordnance from the group (they used to transfer with their maximum supply and ordnance amount possibly leaving the remaining group with insufficent supply and ordnance).
5. Fixed - You were unable to remove the last 1M of a population on a planet, even if there were other populations present.
6. Fixed - AI players did not have their starting tech levels in place when running the setup script.
7. Changed - Sys_Get_Treaty_Elements_Between_Empires now takes a 4th parameter which is a sub element list. This list is filled to the same size as element list and contains the sub item selection for each treaty element.
8. Fixed - AI was not getting all log messages from the Sys_Empire_Log_Get_Log_Entries_For_This_Turn function.
9. Fixed - In Simultaneous games, sometimes a ship with an odd movement amount (like 13) would not get its last movement.
10. Fixed - In Simultaneous games, an emergency propulsion component would not give additional movement correctly.
1. Fixed - "Sys_Get_Construction_Queue_Item_Upgrade_ID" was taking incorrect parameters.
2. Fixed - "Sys_Get_Construction_Queue_Specific_Facility_Count" was taking incorrect parameters.
3. Fixed - "Sys_Empire_Log_Get_Package_Selection_List" was defined in the doc incorrectly.
4. Fixed - Rare "Range Check Error" in the Comparisons window.
5. Fixed - May have fixed corrupted large savegame problem.
6. Fixed - Using the hotkey, you could set enemy planet colony types.
7. Fixed - Unmothball order was not working.
8. Fixed - Remote mining was not lowering asteroids value.
9. Fixed - Ground combat would sometimes lock the game for the TCPIP Host.
10. Fixed - Players created through combat simulations were sticking around and causing the game to error.
1. Fixed - "Sys_Get_Empire_Government_Type" and "Sys_Get_Empire_Society_Type" were returning boolean instead of string.
2. Fixed - Combat with units could sometimes cause an error.
3. Fixed - In Simultaneous Games, sight memory of planets would sometimes get cleared.
4. Fixed - The Research window would show items past their maximum level in expected benefits.
5. Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Space_Object_Current_Ordnance".
6. Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Space_Object_Maximum_Ordnance".
7. Added - Script function "Sys_Set_Space_Object_Name".
8. Added - Script function "Sys_Is_Planet_Domed".
9. Added - Script function "Sys_Are_Solar_Systems_Connected".
1. Fixed - Sometimes ships could move through a sector with enemy ships and not start combat.
2. Fixed - Help text describing a construction queue's emergency build rate.
3. Changed - Ships in combat with the same target will spread out around the target a bit more.
4. Changed - "Only Engines", "Only Weapons", and "Only Shield Generators" damage types now
penetrate both shields and armor.
1. Fixed - When opening a warp point, the error message for insufficient distance was incorrect.
2. Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Treaty_Elements_Between_Empires".
3. Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Lightyear_Distance_Between_Systems".
4. Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Space_Object_Order_Type".
5. Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Space_Object_Order_System_Location".
6. Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Space_Object_Order_Sector_Location".
7. Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Space_Object_Order_Target_Space_Object_ID".
8. Added - Script function "Sys_Set_Empire_Fleet_Attack_Formation".
9. Added - Script function "Sys_Set_Empire_Fleet_Defense_Formation".
10. Added - Script function "Sys_Set_Empire_Fleet_Taskforce_Attack_Strategy".
11. Added - Script function "Sys_Set_Empire_Fleet_Taskforce_Defense_Strategy".
12. Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Empire_Fleet_Taskforce_Ids".
13. Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Empire_Fleet_Taskforce_Ship_Ids".
14. Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Space_Object_Cargo_Item_Population_Loyalty".
15. Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Empire_Government_Type".
16. Added - Script function "Sys_Get_Empire_Society_Type".
17. Added - Script function "Sys_Set_Empire_Fleet_Taskforce_Attack_Formation".
18. Added - Script function "Sys_Set_Empire_Fleet_Taskforce_Defense_Formation".
19. Fixed - Shield Imploders were not causing internal damage.
20. Fixed - Weapons will no longer fire on targets that are not effected by the weapon's damage type's special effect.
21. Fixed - Map creation would crash with more than 2000 stellar objects types. The maximum number of stellar objects types is now 8000.
22. Fixed - If ground combat is taking place on a planet, the owner of the planet cannot scrap cargo, jettison cargo, or abandon the planet.
23. Fixed - Organic armor was not regenerating if all of it on the ship was destroyed.
24. Fixed - When one ship rams another, they will both take the warhead damage from both ships.
25. Fixed - All warheads on the ramming ship will be destroyed after a ram.
26. Fixed - AI would delete empty fleets in simultaneous games.
27. Fixed - Maximum units per player per sector were not being enforced.
28. Fixed - "Same As X" planets in SystemTypes.txt were not being named like moons.
29. Fixed - Units can only be launched once per turn.
More articles about Space Empires V