World Championship Games, known in Europe as International Athletics, is the most realistic athletics simulation available on handheld consoles. Featuring fourteen varied track and field events playable in jaw-dropping international stadiums, the game delivers online and wireless multiplayer fun for up to four players via Nintendo Wi-Fi channel and local LAN.
World Championship GamesTM offers stunningly realistic sports events, and whether you are playing classics like the 100 metres, long jump and Pole Vault, or trying new disciplines such as Rapid Fire Pistol Shooting and Archery, the gameplay is equally challenging. Players can create customized male or female athletes with their own distinctive attributes. As your athlete progresses in the game, it can unlock extra events by winning gold medals and compete in the ultimate test of human strength and endurance – the Decathlon – proving you are the best. With accurate representations of 14 events and hugely detailed international stadiums venues. World Game Championship also incorporates a unique player’s achievements system, rewarding players when beating personal bests and world records.
“World Championship Games is a great addition to our portfolio” says Leah Kalboussi, The Game Factory’s Vice President of North America. “It represents the Game Factory’s first entry into the sports simulation genre, expanding our reach to a more mature gaming audience”.
- Accurate representations of 14 events: 100m, Long Jump, Shot Put, High Jump, 400m, 110m Hurdles, Discus, Pole Vault, Javelin, 1500m, Hammer, Running Target Ri?e shooting, Rapid Fire Pistol shooting and Archery.
- Superior character animation, modeling and A.I.
- Hugely detailed international stadiums, including venues in Canada, France, Japan, Spain and China.
- Single player Decathlon, Tournament and Quick Event modes, and Multiplayer modes for 2-4 players.
- Achievements – Beat personal bests and world records, accumulate medals and earn trophies to unlock extra events and tournaments!
- Create your own customized male or female athlete with their own distinctive attributes.
- Compete in great pass-around, Single Card, Multi Card and Nintendo WFC multiplayer modes. Download and beat the world’s best scores via the online Leaderboard!
- Hugely popular genre featuring touch screen controls and rhythm-based events for varied gameplay.
Code Monkeys' World Championship Games, rated E for Everyone, will be released in North America Feb. 2009 for the NDS at a suggested retail price of $19.99.