All Aspect Warfare chronicles the adventures, mishaps and all around tomfoolery of an “elite” team of combat marines who crash landed on the enemy planet they were sent to completely destroy. Stranded and left for dead on a planet with a deployed thermo-nuclear weapon ticking somewhere, their only chance of escape lies deep within hostile territory. With no way of locating the weapon, their's is a race against time to get off the planet before detonation.
Set on a remote four hundred square mile stretch of a near desolate planet, the game features fast and furious action in first or third person perspective, vehicular and aerial combat with a vast array of player controlled air, ground and naval assets. With six playable classes, over twenty first person weapons of mass destruction, thirty player controlled units and breathtaking vistas, this open world game is best in class.
Instant action missions for quick engagements, an involving multi-branching campaign storyline that never plays the same way twice and various multiplayer modes, the game offers something for every action gamer. Whether you are a first or third person gamer or a flight combat jock, the game has something for you to excel at and enjoy with your friends.
Powered by an all new Shader Model 3.0 based game and graphics engines featuring dynamic climate and weather systems, time of day simulation, atmospheric light scattering, High Dynamic Range lighting, topological variations, an advanced terrain engine with high definition rendering at any altitude, (not just high altitude like those other guys) advanced AI, high end flight dynamics and avionics systems, a fluid character animation engine and a host of other advanced technologies including terrain vegetation generated using the award winning SpeedTreeRT suite, All Aspect Warfare represents total immersion in a breathtaking world.
- Class based, with six (two pilots and four marines) playable first person character classes with various strengths, weaknesses and restrictions.
- Over twenty-four first person weapons of varying types which range from pistols and sniper rifles to machine guns and various grenades.
- Over thirty playable units including ten vehicles, six gunships, twelve fighters, three shuttles and a naval unit. All units are class based. e.g. marines cannot fly gunships or fighters; pilots do not have access to advanced weaponry, some marines have jetpacks etc. All units supported in multiplayer with multiuse positions (e.g. driver, gunner, passengers).
- Gamers are free to play any aspect based on their strengths. Not a first/third person shooter fan and prefer the exhilaration of aerial combat? Then take on various aerial sorties including escort, SAD, SEAD and CAP missions while supporting ground troops. Not an air combat jock but prefer the immediate threatening presence of hand-held weapons of mass destruction? Then you'll feel right at home with various weapons and toys including jetpacks, target laser designators (so your air combat friends can easily id targets) etc.
- Full squad command of up to four NPC characters with an intuitive orders interface system.
- Engaging campaign storyline switches player from one character class to the next as the story moves forward. e.g. carry out a mission as a marine to destroy a hostile surface to air site so that in the next mission, as a combat pilot you can then engage the primary target without being shot down.
- Instant Action missions introduce gamers to the various aspects of playing the various aspects of the game.
- Comprehensive in-game tutorial – with audio voice over - teaches various aspects of infantry weaponry as well as use of vehicles, gunships and fighters.
- Two player co-op allows gamers to experience the campaign scenario with a friend.
- Fully integrated in-game document viewer with quick access to game commands, manual and tutorial documents.
- All Aspect Warfare scheduled for release during the first half of 2009, a wide public Beta is planned prior to release.
The PC DRM scheme requires an Internet connection for a one-time activation but (i) does not require physical media to be in the drive to play (ii) does not limit the number of owner activations (iii) does not install any drivers which would otherwise impair the operation of the owner's computer. Check the official website for more information about the ByteShield gamer friendly DRM scheme.
All Aspect Warfare is schediule for release on PC in Q1 2009 while the Xbox 360 edition will launch Q3 2009 (pending Microsoft approval)
More articles about All Aspect Warfare