In League of Legends, players take on the role of a persistent Summoner avatar that gazes upon the battlefield from above and influences battles by taking command of a chosen Champion. During each online multiplayer play session, gamers will choose one of dozens of unique Champions wielding diverse skills and abilities, and engage in fast-paced team-oriented combat to bring their foes to ruin. Champions will gain levels, items, and abilities that enable them to slay their opponents and augment the strength of their allies by battling with enemy minions, foul beasts, deadly turrets and enemy Champions. Players also advance their Summoner’s rank and power to gain new abilities and items, assisting their Champions in battle.
League of Legends emphasizes team-oriented gameplay and players must work together in order to defeat the opposing team. Players will be able to communicate easily through in-game lounges and chat rooms, and forums will act as a conversational hub for a wide variety of discussions amongst community members. League of Legends will feature custom-built multiplayer support including matchmaking, stat tracking, clan support, anti-cheat systems, dedicated in-game ladders and Leaverbuster technology. In addition to extensive multiplayer features, League of Legends will include a single-player mode where players can learn how to play and practice new strategies by engaging robust Bot-AI.
During the Rune Wars, the Ionians were a peaceful people. As a whole they took an oath, amongst themselves, to strive for peace, and only use their magic to right the wrongs that had been committed.
But the Rune Wars knew no boundaries, and respected no oaths.
The more warlike Altrians took Ionia's passive stance as a sign of weakness, and laid siege to the island realm. The Ionians managed to defend their home, but at a terrible cost.
A full moon-cycle has passed since then, and Soraka has come to the Institute of War to stand strong on behalf of her people. Though still bound by the oath, certain concessions have been made. If her healing magics do not prove enough to win the day, she has the authority to call upon much larger elemental forces—to right the wrongs that have been committed.
- Starcall (Active) – Soraka calls the magic from one star to strike each nearby enemy, dealing damage and reducing the target’s magic resistance for a duration.
- Bless (Active) – Provides damage reduction and health restoration to target friendly unit.
- Wish (Active) – Restores mana to target friendly unit.
- Purify (Active) – Cleanses all debuffs and restores a significant amount of health to target friendly unit.
- Consecration (Passive) – Reduces the cooldown of wish, increases the damage of Starcall, and increases the duration of Bless.
Tristana, Megling Gunner:
If there is one thing that all Meglings (gunners of the Yordle army) have in common, it’s their love of explosions. It’s a known fact that one in three will lose either a finger, a toe, or singe off all their facial hair by the age of seventeen.
Tristana joined the Megling Commandos at a very young age and signed up to become a “Ruby.” The Ruby Bazookas, or Rubies for short, are a crack squad armed with heavy mobile artillery. Though they typically work in teams of two (to more easily handle the awkwardly large bazookas they carry), Tristana has shown an unnatural aptitude for being able to balance and fire her weapon—despite the fact that it stands nearly two feet taller than she.
Though armed to the teeth, Tristana is generally very lighthearted and easy going. Her father is very proud of her, and often comes to the Institute to watch Tristana practice or participate in tournaments (though she thinks he just comes to watch the explosions).
- Rapid Fire (Active) – Tristana fires her shots more rapidly, increasing attack speed for a duration.
- Draw a Bead (Active) – Tristana aims much more carefully, increasing her attack range but slowing her movement speed.
- Rending Shot (Active) – Deals damage over time to targeted enemy Champion and stops all forms of health regeneration.
- Buster Shot (Active) – Tristana shoots an enemy with her most potent shot, dealing immense damage and knocking the target back significantly.
- Detonating Shot (Passive) – When Tristana gets a killing blow on an enemy unit, she deals magical damage to nearby enemies the area.
Tryndamere, Dark Champion
There was a legend among the barbarians clans of the Fyrone Flats, told each time one of their own was to give birth. It was a story about a child who would enter the world with a distinctive mark on his belly—a black circular rune, resembling a snake, coiled over on itself, biting at its tail.
It was said that when this child was born, it would signal the beginning of a new era. It was said that the barbarian tribes would rise up, and under the banner of a serpent-shaped rune, they would rule the world.
When that child was born, the barbarian nations rejoiced. They feasted and drank and danced. And when they finished, they donned their skins, lifted their swords, and they flooded out of the flats to begin an onslaught that once again plunged the world into war.
The child, named Tryndamere, became a formidable warrior. And now, here at the Institute of War, he is prepared to unleash his barbaric strength and take his place atop the world.
- Bloodlust (Active) – Tryndamere thirsts for battle, increasing his attack speed and movement speed. Each time he kills a unit, the duration is reset and the buff stacks.
- Mighty Cleave (Active) – Tryndamere swings his sword in an arc, dealing attack damage to nearby enemies and slowing them down for a duration.
- Slash (Active) – Tryndamere dashes toward a target location, dealing damage to all targets in his path.
- Undying Rage (Active) – Tryndamere becomes temporarily immune to death; any fatal damage reduces Tryndamere to absolute minimum health, but does not kill him. Also increases his critical strike chance more and more as his life gets lower and lower. Cannot be dispelled.
- Battle Fury (Passive) – Upon killing a minion, Tryndamere recovers health. Killing a Champion restores significantly more health.
Key Features :
- Play as dozens of unique Champions with diverse skills and abilities while engaging in fast-paced team-oriented combat.
- Compete in a variety of highly stylized and unique handcrafted battle scenarios.
- Create your own persistent Summoner avatar and customize your appearance through achievements that you earn in game.
- Advance your Summoner in rank and power to gain skills and abilities that give you an edge in battle.
- Join clans and teams to compete with other players in tournaments and organized leagues.
- Assemble Legendary items for your Champion by forging together basic items you obtain on the battlefield. Choose from over 200 uniquely crafted items to augment your Champion's power.
- Robust matchmaking and detailed stat tracking help to ensure balanced games for new players and veterans alike.
- Unlock new content through persistent gameplay and mastering the game.
- Integrated LeaverbusterTM technology helps ensure people stay for the whole game!
- Participate in the creation of League of Legends through our Suggestion Engine the community will have an unprecedented voice in what new content is created and implemented into the game.
And much, much more...
The League of Legends community will feature an abundance of ongoing events including tournaments, leagues and contests. The Riot development team will open their doors for community input, allowing gamers to have their opinions heard, have their ideas implemented in League of Legends and continue to shape the game as it evolves post-launch. Gamers can already join the community forums to begin tracking the new title, engage with the Riot team and other players and become a part of the development process for League of Legends.
League of Legends is being designed by a decorated group of developers with credits that include PC & console blockbusters, as well as part of the team that created the popular Warcraft 3 mod DotA-Allstars.
More articles about League of Legends