WWII Pacific Theater the third, and newest, game in the award winning Strategic Command series. WWII Pacific Theater shifts the focus from Europe and into the steaming jungles and islands of Asia- Pacific. WWII Pacific Theater is a standalone new game and does not require any of the previous titles to play.
For the first time, players will be able to wage war across the massive expanse of the Pacific Ocean. From British occupied India, Tibet, Nepal and China in the West to Pearl Harbor and the West Coast of the US and Canada. WWII Pacific Theater features the largest map yet in the series at 198x82 tiles in size.
Command the forces of 5 major and 23 different minor nations. 20 different unique unit types are portrayed and modeled with up to 30 different characteristics and stats. To add historical flavor and replayability, over 150 different in-game events are now depicted including the Doolittle Raid, Mirill's Marauders, Japanese Midget Sub attacks on Pearl Harbor and even the decision to drop atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. 8 mini-campaigns feature various operations including Midway, Macarthur's struggle in the Philippines, the defense of India by General Slim's courageous and outnumbered 14th Army, the Allied liberation of Burma, the island assaults of Okinawa, Iwo Jima and Pelelui plus the entire New Guinea campaign.
Also included is a full "Mega-Campaign" which covers the entire conflict beginning with the December 7th 1941 surprise attack on the US fleet at Pearl Harbor and playable until the middle of 1947, in case you need that long to gain ultimate victory!
Of course WWII Pacific Theater isn't just bigger, its also better! All new gameplay advancements are being included to help model the unique nature of this theater of war. Improvements are being made across the board to naval, air and ground combat including the ability to specify 4 different types of Combat Air Patrol (CAP), 3 new upgrade levels for carriers, all new rules for naval supply, improved submarine abilities and a new combat implementation system which will allow more fluidity in how various units can be deployed and fight. On top of all that, various A.I. and engine improvements have been coded which can increase naval combat calculation speeds up to 400%!
As with all of the previous Strategic Command games, WWII Pacific Theater comes with a full Game Editor that allows you to modify or create your own all new scenarios, campaigns and maps. To assist with that, several new terrain tile types and resources are being introduced including Asian Tropical and Pacific Island themed villages, cities, capitals, jungles, mountains, marsh and hills.
When you grow tired of playing against the award winning AI, full multiplayer support is included for Hotseat, E-Mail and Network play. WWII Pacific Theater includes all the other enhancements and gameplay improvements introduced since Strategic Command was originally released.
Island hop your way to victory, occupy and expand your hold on precious resources, protect and utilize your vast navies, commence devastatingly brutal aerial campaigns of supremacy and destruction, command and control far flung outposts and armies over one of the most expansive areas on the planet. WWII Pacific Theater brings home to you the sheer scope and scale of this epic struggle utilizing the gaming system you already know and love!
New Terrain Types:
* Tropical Hill
* Tropical Marsh
* Tropical Mountain
New Country List (Majors)
* British India
New Country List (Minors)
* Bhutan (Br.)
* Brunei (Br.)
* Burma (Br.)
* Communist China
* Dutch East Indies
* Hong Kong (Br.)
* IndoChina (Fr.)
* Malaya (Br.)
* New Zealand
* Philippines (US.)
* Polynesia (Fr.)
* Portuguese Timor
* Republic of China
* Sarawak (Br.)
* Singapore (Br.)
* Solomons (Br.)
New Resource Graphics
* Pacific Hut style Villages
* Asian Tropical style Villages
* Asian Temperate style Villages
* Asian Tropical style Cities/Capitals
* Asian Temperate style Cities/Capitals
* Pearl Harbor Barracks
* Peking Capital
* Tokyo Capital
* New Carrier implementation with Carriers split to have an ‘Aircraft’ as well as a ‘Carrier’ strength value.
* New Carrier upgrade levels:
o Advanced Aircraft
o Naval Warfare
o Long Range Aircraft
* Carriers can now be set to 3 modes:
o Fighter (Combat Air Patrol)
* Carriers can now be set to 4 different CAP modes as well:
* New Submarine rules with Subs running undetectable except for Destroyers when running in 'Silent' mode, but running in 'Silent' mode reduces Action Points to two-thirds of its original value
* New Naval Supply Rules where all Naval Units, with the exception of Amphibious Transports, will only have their supply decrease as a result of combat
* New Combat Indicators for Estimated Combat Losses:
o Defensive Anti-Air
o Defensive Artillery
o Blitz attack shown with a small Tank indicator
o Cross river attack shown with a River indicator
* New Combat implementation with Carriers, Fighters, Anti-Air and Artillery now Intercepting, Escorting, or Defensively firing until all available strikes have been exhausted. For example, this will allow a Carrier with 2 strikes to Escort one attack and subsequently still be able to move/attack after the Escort duty has been completed
* Improved AI naval combat calculations, now up to 4X faster
* 198x82 2-D isometric tile map with a true-to-scale recreation of the Pacific Theater
* From British India, China, Tibet and Nepal in the West to Pearl Harbor and the shores of Canada and the USA in the East.
* 28 countries (5 major and 23 minor belligerents)
* 20 unit types with up to 30 different unit characteristics
* Over 150 different in-game events including the Doolittle Raid, Merill’s Marauders, Japanese Midget Submarine attacks on Pearl Harbor and even the choice to drop the Atomic Bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
* 1 mega-campaign starting with the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor codenamed ‘Operation Z’. Fight from the very beginning of major Japanese aggression against the United States of America as well as South East Asia
* 8 additional mini-campaigns including Midway, Kododa Trail, Philippines, Imphal and Kohima, Peleliu, Iwo Jima and Okinawa
* Critically acclaimed AI engine
* Fog of War, Weather, Roads, Rail and Convoy Routing all modeled
* 1941 Operation Z
* 1942 Midway
* 1942 The Kododa Trail
* 1944-45 Philippines
* 1944 Imphal and Kohima
* 1944 Operation Stalemate
* 1945 Operation Detachment
* 1945 Operation Iceberg
* 1945 The Road to Mandalay
Strategic Command Pacific Theater supports widescreen and native resolutions - compare yourself:
More articles about Strategic Command: WWII Pacific Theater