RACE Pro recreates a breathtaking reality giving gamers the ultimate racing simulation experience, all powered by Lizard, SimBin's own physics engine. With precision physics and handling, racers will feel every bend and burst of acceleration along with every emotion from pre-race tension in the pit lanes to the exhilaration of capturing the checker flag. RACE Pro provides unrivalled realism and deep immersion into the racing world through ultra realistic car models and official FIA championships and tracks. Putting players in the driving seats of their simulated racing careers, racers will have the opportunity to work their way up the leader boards through intense training and winning key races. RACE Pro has something for everyone, allowing players of all levels to pick up and play, while offering challenging tracks and advanced modes for the more experienced players.
RACE Pro offers a wealth of cars ranging from 200 to over 1000 horse power, as well as a host of championships including WTCC (World Touring Car Championship), Formula 3000 and Formula BMW. GT cars from manufacturers including Aston Martin and Saleen take their place on the grid as well as production cars such as the Audi R8 and Dodge Viper SRT10. In addition, RACE Pro is exclusively bringing all the WTCC cars from manufacturers Alfa Romeo, BMW, Chevrolet and Seat to Xbox 360 for the very first time. For a blast of accessible fun, the Mini Cooper Challenge invites players of all abilities to take the wheel.
Gamers and racing fans alike will experience the thrill of racing these powerful cars on 13 real life tracks covering all continents, of which Macau, Porto and Pau are exclusive to RACE Pro, and US tracks Laguna Seca and Road America are brand new to SimBin fans.
Car Class Reveal: Production Cars
The production cars featured in RACE Pro are luxury, high end sports cars and super cars. All of them can be purchased and driven on public roads, but in order to truly appreciate their speed potential, RACE Pro has taken them for a spin at the track. Originally designed for the street, these precision engineered driving machines are a perfect addition to RACE Pro’s line-up of racing cars. The production cars featured in RACE Pro each give a different racing experience, so to give a taste of what RACE Pro has to offer, unveiled below are the Koenigsegg CCXR, Dodge Viper SRT-10 and Audi R8.
1. Koenigsegg CCXR
- Manufacturer Overview: Koenigsegg (Koenigsegg Automotive Ltd): Since the first prototype left its assembly line in 1996, Koenigsegg has established itself as a manufacturer of high-performance cars based in Ängelholm, Sweden, and is reputed for making one of the fastest production cars in the world. In 2004, Koenigsegg launched the CCR which broke the Guinness World Record for the fastest street-legal car in production. The car's badge is based on the shield of the Koenigsegg family, a noble family with roots in Bavaria and Prussia. In 2007, Koenigsegg launched the CCXR model featured in RACE Pro capable of running on E85 and E100 Ethanol as well as unleaded 98 octane fuels. Running on ethanol, the car produces 1018 horsepower and can achieve speeds of 400+ km/h.
- Key Stats: The two production cars from Koenigsegg featured in RACE Pro are the CCXR and the CCX, both with the true specs and speed potential of the real cars. The 1018 horsepower CCXR is therefore the fastest car in the game when it reaches its top speeds on the straights.
Power: 1018 bhp @ 7200 rpm
Torque: 1060 Nm @ 6100 rpm
Weight: 1180 kg
Top speed: > 400 km/h
2. Dodge Viper SRT-10
- Manufacturer Overview: Chrysler (Chrysler Holding LLC): Walter P. Chrysler founded the Chrysler Corporation in 1925 in Detroit with the automaker quickly earning a reputation for advanced engineering. In 1928, Chrysler Corporation expanded with the purchase of Dodge and the creation of the DeSoto and Plymouth divisions, making it the third of Detroit’s “Big Three” automakers overnight. Known for many years as Detroit’s engineering company, Chrysler Corporation gained fame for creating power steering, power windows, the alternator, electronic fuel injection and the Hemi engine. The Hemi V8 engine made its debut in 1951 offering 180 horsepower and rivalling the V8 offered by Cadillac: it kick-started Detroit's horsepower race of the '50s and '60s. In the late '60s, Chrysler was heavily involved with NASCAR and producing performance-oriented cars. After a difficult decade in the 1970s due to the oil crisis, new government regulations and changing consumer tastes, the late 1980s saw Chrysler purchase American Motors Corporation (which netted the company the Jeep brand) and launch a joint venture with Mitsubishi known as Diamond Star Motors. In 1998, German-based Daimler-Benz merged with Chrysler to form DaimlerChrysler.
- Key Stats: With its 8.3 litre V10 engine producing 510 horsepower, the Viper SRT-10 is capable of reaching super car numbers for both acceleration and top speed. It does exceptionally well at track days whilst also serving as a car for daily use. The Viper model’s pedigree has been proven time and time again in GT championships as well as 12 and 24 hour races around the world. All the data gathered from motorsports racing has been used in developing and producing the real life Viper SRT-10.
Power: 600 bhp @ 6100 rpm
Torque: 760 Nm @ 5000 rpm
Weight: 1552 kg
Top speed: > 300 km/h
3. Audi R8
- Manufacturer Overview: Audi (Audi AG): A German manufacturer with its headquarters based in Ingolstadt, Bavaria, Audi is one of the world’s leading performance-luxury brands. The historic Audi Company was founded in 1910, but has been a subsidiary of the Volkswagen Group since 1966. The name Audi comes from the founder of the company, August Horch, whose surname in Latin is audi (hear). Audi’s rich tradition in motor sports began with the Auto Union in 1932, and Audi has successfully competed in several forms of auto racing since. Few manufacturers of modern sports cars have a history in motorsports that is as long and as successful as Audi’s. Audi has won in touring cars, IMSA, Rally, 12 and 24 hour races.
- Key Stats: The Audi R8 is a masterpiece of engineering and the 420 horsepower V8 engine ranks as one of the best V8 engines ever built. This engine coupled with Audi’s fantastic 4 wheel drive technology and aluminum chassis makes the R8 a truly incredible driving machine. The Audi R8 presented the RACE Pro development team with a completely new challenge as SimBin had never simulated a car with 4 wheel drive before, but the team is proud to deliver a true recreation of the Audi R8 in RACE Pro.
Power: 600 bhp @ 7500 rpm
Torque: 620 Nm @ 6000 rpm
Weight: 1120 kg
Top speed: > 300 km/h
Online play via Xbox Live and System Link support lets up to 12 players take on equally high-powered opponents and test their skills to the limit to reach the finish line ahead of the pack. For friends closer to home, the brand new 'Hot Seat' feature puts players in the driving seat for a limited amount of time before passing the controller to the next player and so on, demanding exceptionally quick reactions and precision racing from even the most seasoned drivers.
Key Features :
- Thrilling Driving Experience: Players will feel every bend and burst of acceleration as well as every emotion from pre-race tension in the pit lanes to exhilaration on the podium.
- Unrivalled Racing World Realism: Users will be deeply immersed into the racing world with ultra realistic car models, official championships and tracks. Participants work their way up the leader boards through intense training, winning key races and securing valuable sponsorship deals.
- ‘Hot Seat’ Feature: Brand new to RACE Pro, this feature brings social racing to the living room for the first time as players are put in the ‘hot seat’ for a limited amount of time before passing the controller to the next player in the ‘hot seat,’ accelerating the pace of the game with quick reactions and precision driving.
- Wide Variety of Cars: Players can choose from vehicles ranging from 200 to over 1000 horse power, GT cars, WTCC extreme cars, formula and production cars.
- Real Life Tracks: Gamers can experience the thrill of sport racing with over 15 real life tracks covering all continents, of which Macau, Porto and Pau are exclusive to RACE Pro.
Nothing gets closer than RACE Pro, the ultra real racing simulation game exclusive to Xbox 360, scheduled for release January 2009.
More articles about RACE Pro