Alone in the Dark will continue the legacy of innovation started by the first Alone in the Dark game with state-of-the-art technology driving a captivating and entertaining original gameplay experience.
Developed by Hydravision, Alone in the Dark for Wii and PS2 follows the same story as the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC versions, where over the course of one apocalyptic night, hero Edward Carnby must uncover the earth-shattering secret hidden in New York's iconic Central Park.
Central Park is hiding a secret. Built as a safe haven not only for the people of New York, but for something else entirely, generations of guardians have long protected the truth, preserving the vast parkland while the most expensive city in the world reached skyward on its fringes. Now the truth can no longer be contained, and paranormal investigator Edward Carnby finds himself inexplicably cast into the eye of the storm as over the course of one apocalyptic night he must uncover the earth-shattering secret behind Central Park. New York will never be the same again.
Inspired by the gripping style of contemporary TV dramas, the game delivers a new degree of narrative intensity, presented as a complete season format of episodes each containing action, twists and cliff-hangers. Bursting with innovative technology, including unprecedented environmental interaction, revolutionary physics, advanced artificial intelligence, stunning visuals, and uniquely immersive user interface, Alone in the Dark breaks gaming clichés to fulfil the next-gen promise and deliver a new kind of entertainment experience.
Hydravision has tackled the innovative and highly advanced technology driving Alone in the Dark on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC head-on, using the company's wealth of experience and proven technology. The Wii and PS2 versions have been developed in parallel to optimize each console's capabilities, pushing the hardware and incorporating many features found in the new-generation versions. On the Wii, the control system is specially adapted to make full use of the Wii Remote and Nunchuck to manipulate objects in real-time, a key gameplay feature of Alone in the Dark, enhancing the player's immersion in the experience.
Alone in the Dark delivers a new level of narrative intensity, packed with action, plot twists and nail-biting cliff-hangers. With a story written by Eden Games and scripted by New York Times best-selling writer Lorenzo Carcaterra, Alone in the Dark sees one of video gaming's original innovators return to deliver an outstanding action gaming experience.
- Central Park: one of the world’s most iconic and best loved urban landmarks, Central Park has been accurately reproduced using satellite data and thousands of photographs;
- Captivating story: The story reveals the conspiracy behind Central Park and challenges beliefs on the afterlife, based on ideas and theories drawn from real-world spiritual philosophies;
- Narrative Intensity: taking cues from blockbuster TV dramas, the story is told in a TV season-style narrative structure to deliver the maximum intensity throughout, keeping the player hooked;
- Real world rules: revolutionary technology brings a new level of environmental interaction to the gameplay where anything you could do in real life, you can do in the game;
- Immersion: the player is plunged into the heart of the action in real-time with full movement control, in-game inventory system, on-body damage and healing system, and physiological effects;
- Photographic Rendering: Eden’s proprietary Twilight technology and rendering engine create a lavishly detailed game world with highly realistic and advanced cinematographic effects including depth of field, camera focus, numerous light sources, moisture, reflections and High Dynamic Range effects.
More articles about Alone in the Dark