Major League Baseball 2K8 returns to the diamond with the most complete MLB experience available on every major video game console. Revolutionizing your control of the 5 tools in baseball are brand new pitching, fielding and baserunning controls and completely overhauled batting interface. Featuring a totally unique trading card mode, robust Minor League system, all-new Signature Style animations for 2008, and more, Major League Baseball 2K8 brings a new level of fun to the virtual baseball world.
"With Major League Baseball 2K8, our goal was to bring fans of the Major League Baseball 2K series closer to the exciting baseball action than ever before," said Ben Brinkman, Executive Producer of the Major League Baseball 2K franchise. "We read the message boards and forums, and spoke to MLB players in an effort to deliver realism and tap into what the fans want in a baseball video game. From the new pitching system, and fielding and baserunning controls, to a completely overhauled batting interface, and addition of a robust Minor League system, Major League Baseball 2K8 will deliver players a fun experience they will want to play year round."
Along with a host of other new features, Major League Baseball 2K8 includes added Signature Style animations such as new and improved player walk-ups, batting stances, home run celebrations, steps-ins and step-outs, and more to make each unique player true to life. For competitive players, Major League Baseball 2K8 allows fans to have fun while competing against each other online, testing their skills in a single game, tournament or full league season against more than one million elite online gamers in the 2K community. New online lobbies have been added to help users match up with others who want to play with a similar style, including a “Strikes Only” lobby, where pitchers can only throw in the strike zone, and lobbies where players use the advanced analog stick controls or the controls from previous iterations of the Major League Baseball 2K series.
- More Signature Style - New and improved player walk-ups, batting stances, waggles, home run celebrations, step-ins and step-outs bring each player to life in true, 2K Sports fashion.
- Full Minor Leagues - 90 Minor League teams available in both Franchise and Exhibition modes, with over 20 authentic Minor League Stadiums and additional authentic Minor League Stadiums post ship via digital download.
- 2K Cards - Earn them, collect them, share them, and trade them. The most in-depth card trading system ever, taking the MLB 2K community to a new level.
- 2K Sports Online - Now with over 1 MILLION online gamers in the 2K community, go head-to-head against the best players on the planet.
- Total Pitch Control – A new, innovative pitching interface that allows players to emulate the realistic motion of pitching a live baseball. Execution of speed and precise accuracy involves matching specific gestures and release with the right analog stick, simulating the arm and wrist action involved in throwing that particular type of pitch.
- Swing Stick 2.0 – Improved batting controls that offer players unparalleled ball-to-bat contact that will be determined by timing, direction, and pitch location for a greater variety of realistic hits including grounders, blooper singles, dribblers, gappers, long home runs, and more using the right analog stick.
- All-New Baserunning – Simplified controls that allow fans to easily select players with the left analog stick and guide them toward specified bases with ease.
- Precision Throw Control – Provides unprecedented control over throw accuracy using the right analog stick, bringing a new level of realism to playing defense.
- Two of the Best Commentators in the Business – 2K Sports proudly brings back to the broadcast booth the popular duo of Jon Miller and Hall of Famer Joe Morgan, delivering the most entertaining and deepest commentary available in any baseball franchise.
Major League Baseball 2K8, rated E for Everyone, will be available in retail stores in March 4, 2008 for Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP and Wii.
More articles about Major League Baseball 2K8