Team Fortress 2 (TF2) is the sequel to the game that put class-based, multiplayer team warfare on the map. This year’s most anticipated online action game, TF2 delivers new gametypes, a signature art style powered by Valve’s next generation animation technology, persistent player statistics, and more.
Unlike other “class-based” games that offer a variety of combat classes only, Team Fortress 2 packs a wild variety of classes which provide a broad range of tactical abilities and personalities, and lend themselves to a variety of player skills. Play as the flame-throwing Pyro, the room clearing Heavy, or the Spy, a master of disguises. Other classes include: Scout, Sniper, Medic, Engineer, Demoman, or Soldier.
Updates to Team Fortress 2, the Source Engine, and SourceTV will be released tomorrow. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. Click the link below for the full change list.
- Refactored how lightmaps are downloaded to the graphics card at level load. On some hardware configurations this can lower level load times significantly
- Optimized some particle systems to improve performance on some hardware configurations
- Player stats are now sent up as they change, rather than when the player dies
- Improved playback of sub-frame sounds
- Fixed a crash caused by alt-tabs during map load
- Eliminated unnecessary temporary memory allocation in scenefilecache
Team Fortress 2
- Badlands released
- Changes to Dustbowl
- Added a new access point to the stage2 attacker gates (drop-down left from spawn), allowing attackers a way to reach the left route without being subjected to the spam and sentry gun fire
- Fixed a gap in stage 3, cap 1 that allowed a player with to wiggle above the "ceiling" clip
- Fixed a gap behind stage 1, cap 1 house
- Fixed a high perch on stage1 cap1 house roof
- Fixed a perch offering view of nodraw textures and the skybox (stage1 cap2 rock barrier)
- Fixed a few places where rockets/demoman pipes could pass through non-solid models
- Sealed up a gap over stage1 lower startgate
- Clipped off tall windows in stage 3 to prevent sentry guns from behind built behind them
- Changes to Capture the Flag Well
- Fixed trains not starting on map spawn
- Removed cap association from red spawns that were spamming console
- Changes to Granary
- Removed spawn timing advantage from the middle (from -3 to 0)
- Fixed several model perch exploits (red, blue cp1 gate and blue cp2 gate pipe)
- Fixed a few places where players could get stuck between containers and silos
- Adjusted playerclips on red container that made it appear like players were floating
- Added a small delay (200 ms) before a zoomed sniper shot can get a critical hit
- Added server side convar mp_fadetoblack. Same functionality as Counter-Strike, used mainly during in-person tournaments and LAN events
- Added flamethrower "sizzle" sound when the Pyro is hitting a target
- Updated explosion debris to be a bit darker
- Fixed idle players not being kicked from the server if mp_allowspectators was set to 0
- Added ctf_well to the default mapcycle.txt file
- Added ctf_well to the default motd.txt file
- Fixed floor tile material type
- Fixed some weapon damage info missing from TF2 game stats
- Made some small changes to the Demoman viewmodel that were causing performance problems
- Added exec'ing a .cfg file on the client when you select a class to play.
- Added a new timer to the HUD to show the value of mp_timelimit. This is useful if you're playing a timed match on 2Fort, where you only set a timelimit on the server and no other win conditions.
- Added server log entry for buildings destroyed by their owner
- Fixed sentry gun shadows being clipped
- Updated glass material
- SourceTV now uses a hidden slot on the game server. This allows for 24 player servers to also have a SourceTV proxy connected to it
- Fixed Pyro's flamethrower flames not showing up in SourceTV
Half-Life 2: The Orange Box is currently available, at $49.99 for the PC version and $59.99 for the X360 and PS3 editions.
More articles about Team Fortress 2