A technological breakthrough for the NDS, Robocalypse features over 50 independently AI-driven units with advanced distributed path-finding, dynamic music and stunning, 3D particle effects. Backing these advancements is a hilarious storyline penned by Jay Lender, a writer and director for the acclaimed cartoon series SpongeBob Squarepants™, and Micah Wright, known for his writing contributions across multiple mediums.
“Given its truly comedic nature and its technological precedents, Robocalypse sets a new standard for NDS games,” said Michael Mendheim, Game Director, Vogster. “With Robocalypse, our focus is on providing a simple pick up and play experience for the NDS that stays true to the genre, but incorporates comedic elements and smart gameplay to give it a distinct feel and style.”
In Robocalypse, players will control an oil-swilling, brawling, robotic dirty dozen, as they compete in over 15 unique missions, with hidden objectives, a robust reward system and an intense multiplayer experience. Robocalypse will have virtual generals rolling on the battlefield.
Set in a world of wise-cracking, battling robots. Robocalypse offers madcap weaponry and uproarious destruction, all embedded in a deep strategy war game. Up to 4 players can compete head to head via WI-Fi in multiplayer, or lead your army to victory in the hilarious single player storymode campaign, penned by Jay Lender (SpongeBob Squarepants) and Micah Wright.
- Robots with Attitude: Infuses madcap cartoon humor into the heat of battle by giving robots distinct attitudes and personalities. Over 10 distinct robot types with specialized skills and weapons.
- Madcap Weapons: Over 20 groundbreaking weapon types with laugh out loud destruction and spectacular visual effects, including, Converter Cannons, Falling Anvils Head-Crack’n Gauntlet and Digitizers.
- Total Stylus Control: Simplified controls and innovative Action Flag system reduces the complexity of commanding units. No buttons – just point and tap.
- Multiplayer Mayhem: 2 to 4 Multiplayer WiFi – Play head to head or Co-op with unique maps, multiple playmodes and Hall of Fame.
- Heroes Win the War: Courageous Heroes who can single handedly turn the tide of battle with powerful abilities that can be upgraded into devastating capabilities like, Rampage Mode, Conversion (turn enemies into refrigerators) and Leadership (the ability to unite soldiers into a single fighting unit). All Heroes can be controlled directly in combat.
- Epic Storymode: A hilarious storyline by Jay Lender, a writer and director of the acclaimed cartoon series SpongeBob Squarepants™ and his writing partner Micah Wright, known for his writing contributions across multiple mediums. Military routines are accidentally installed into prototype robots, turning them into hunter killers. Disaster ensues and to save humanity, a new batch of robots is implanted with the brain scans of retired WWII vets, giving rise to an oil-swilling, brawling, robotic dirty dozen. Campaign includes 17 unique missions, hidden objectives and a robust reward system.
Robocalypse for the NDS is currently scheduled for release in Q2 2008.
More articles about Robocalypse