Developed at Ubisoft Montreal by the same team that created the award-winning Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas, the highly anticipated sequel is scheduled for a March 2008 release. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is the sixth iteration in the wildly successful Rainbow Six franchise which celebrates its 10th anniversary in 2008 with more than 16 million units sold worldwide to date.
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will push the franchise to new heights by adding new gameplay features and even more stunning visuals. Players will encounter an intense solo campaign that uses new tactical possibilities in various locations around Sin City. As expected with one of the pioneer franchises for online multiplayer Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will also break new ground in both co-op and adversarial modes, while providing unprecedented interaction between the solo and multiplayer modes.
The Limited Edition will include:
- Collectible Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Poker Chip Key Chain
- Exclusive Multiplayer Strategy Video
- With insider tips and strategies from developers, Frag Dolls and pro gamers to take your multiplayer game to the next level
- Pro Gamer Interview
- Get an exclusive look at the life of a professional gamer with MLG player FinestX
- Tom Clancy's EndWar Sneak Peek (first release of gameplay)
- Join the Frag Dolls for a hands-on look at the latest thrilling game in the Tom Clancy arsenal
- Delve into the game with the official EndWar(TM) trailer
- MLG Insider Videos
- Learn the secrets to creating a perfect tournament map, plus, watch a professional Rainbow battle with player commentary
- Bonus Features
- Go deeper into the game with a developer diary and the official trailer
- The highly acclaimed multiplayer mode in Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas has been upgraded to include 13 new maps with more intense face-offs, two new adversarial modes, more rewards, and easier access to matches using the improved and intuitive matchmaking system.
- Create your own identity that persists through both the single player and multiplayer modes and progresses along with you. Reap the benefits of your single player rewards in multiplayer and vice versa.
- Turn single player mode into co-op mode at any time, just by jumping into the game. Now you and a friend can jump into a single player game and assist without any change to the story. The single player maps and storyline were created with co-op in mind, meaning every map has multiple entry points and the story is unaffected.
- The AI is more challenging than ever. Now, the terrorists are equipped with thermal vision, night vision, and shields – not to mention a multitude of varying tactics – all of which are guaranteed to give you a new playing experience every time you go into battle. As you progress within the game, you’ll be able to outsmart your enemies by taking advantage of intelligence opportunities, such as thermal scanning.
- Take down the terrorists more effectively using 11 new weapons. New camouflage, clothing and gear allow for the ultimate customizations.
- Sin City is back and bigger than before. Explore all new Vegas hot spots and the gritty back streets creating a visual experience that is as challenging as it is breathtaking.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Limited Edition will ship to stores for the X360 and PS3 on March 18, 2008 and retail for an MSRP of $69.99.
More articles about Rainbow Six Vegas 2