Resistance 2 transports players across the Atlantic to a besieged 1950s America where it builds on Fall of Man’s legacy. There will be bigger battles, spectacular landscapes and an even more gripping narrative told from Hale’s perspective – alongside an unprecedented online eight-player co-operative mode in which players meet to tackle specially-designed campaigns together.
The Resistance story continues to unfurl with protagonist Sergeant Nathan Hale. Having destroyed the London command centre of the invading alien Chimera, Hale returns to the United States where he becomes part of a special programme known as the Sentinels – a secret weapon against the Chimera assault that the US government knows is imminent. When the Chimera launch a full-scale aerial assault on both coasts, Hale and the Sentinels find themselves in the forefront of the counter-attack.
The game’s multiplayer modes are also set to make a huge impact in the gaming world. Co-operative play, where players team up to tackle a campaign, can often feel constrained in levels designed for single players. Not so with Resistance 2, where squads can undertake a fully independent online campaign built specifically for co-operative play – a feature that demonstrates developer Insomniac Games’ commitment to online gaming. The large scale battles are combined with levels that are designed to be slightly different each time you play. Up to eight players can join forces to face the Chimera together while choosing from three distinct class types. Players can also look forward to vast 60-person online battles in which players join squads with distinct battlefield objectives and fight it out on PlayStation Network, the home of multiplayer online play. The combination of squad objectives and large player-count will give Resistance 2 the perfect blend of epic battlefield chaos and intimate close-quarters combat.
- Huge-scale conflict involving gigantic battles against hordes of enemies including new Chimera variants, deadly machines and fearsome boss characters
- Gripping, atmospheric storyline set in a complex alternate history
- Squad-based online multiplayer for up to 60 players - with different objectives for each squad on the battlefield
- New playable characters for co-op mode – wield a chaingun as a Soldier, go Special Ops with a sniper rifle or heal your squad’s injured as a medic
- Huge online support with full player profile pages and networking through myresistance.net as well as full in-game clan system
More articles about Resistance 2