Long ago the immortal Aeons presented the fledging races with the technology to travel the stars. Without pause for reasoning, vast fleets colonised the cosmos expanding the interstellar community until a great cataclysm occurred.
Now the Aeon's, a technologically superior race that once guided the lesser races, is all but lost to myth. Their colonies and technology lie beyond reach - scattered throughout the galaxy, like so many stars.
Only fading memories recall the cause of the Aeons downfall and the loss of the star-gates that ended the first Galactic War. Devoid of the means to navigate the stars, the empires of the six major races began to look inwards as communication between worlds was lost.
From the depths of the abyss, the long forgotten desire for exploration and conquest calls out once again. For it would only be a matter of time before each race would: recover the knowledge to rebuild their fleets, reawaken their desire to explore, rekindle their need to expand and return to warring ways.
As the six galactic empires make ready for the arduous struggle ahead, all manner of citizens are rallied to the cause. Scouting expeditions leave the safety of their stellar berths seeking out potential systems ripe for colonisation. Close behind terra-forming ships prepare planets for swelling populations. Throughout countless shipyards powerful battle-fleets are forged from newly acquired resources, ready to face the threats that emerge with every cycle of the sun. A new age has arrived.
- Colossal Galactic Map consisting of 5000+ star systems
- Lead one of 6 major races to stellar domination
- Encounter 28 unique minor races with their own agendas and motives
- Open-ended gameplay and alternative victory conditions provide phenomenal longevity
- Wage war in space or planetside displayed in the new 3D rendered dual warfare system
- Research a vast multi-nodal tree of 150+ technologies split into 11 categories
- Customisable ship design and construction
- Assignable leaders to boost all aspects of the empire including warmongering, production, research and diplomacy
- Reducing player micromanagement through a revamped sleek interface
Lost Empire: Immortals, rated "E" for Everyone and 7+, is scheduled for release March 15, 2008 at $29.99/€29.99.
More articles about Lost Empire: Immortals