- Tuesday, March 5, 2008 (Microsoft/XBL)
- Thursday, March 7, 2008 (Sony/PSN)
Grateful Dead Pack (all songs by the Grateful Dead)
- “China Cat Sunflower” (Master)
- “Casey Jones” (Master)
- “Sugar Magnolia” (Master)
- “Truckin" (Master)
- “Franklin’s Tower” (Master)
- “I Need A Miracle” (Master)
All songs can be bought individually for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) or the whole pack can be purchased for $9.99 (800 Microsoft Points).
Developed by Harmonix, Rock Band is an all-new platform for gamers to experience music, giving players the chance to rock in the shoes of the biggest guitarists, bassists, drummers and singers of all time – as a solo superstar or as part of a hard rocking band.
Rock Band delivers four music games in one – challenging rockers to master lead/bass guitar, drums and vocals or play collectively as a whole band. Built on unprecedented deals with top record labels and music publishers, the music featured in Rock Band spans all genres of rock and includes many master recordings from legendary artists.
Major record labels and leading music publishers have signed on to provide unrivaled access to master recordings and legendary rock artists with hits from the '70s, '80s, '90s and 2000s. Record labels partnering with MTV Games and Harmonix include EMI Music, Hollywood Records, Sony BMG Music Entertainment, Universal Music Group's Universal Music Enterprises and Warner Music Group's Rhino Entertainment. Music publishers partnering with MTV Games and Harmonix include EMI Music Publishing and Warner/Chappel Music.
A variety of song packs, albums and individual tracks will be available for download on a weekly basis. And that's just through the end of 2007. Fans can expect more music every week through 2008 with suggested retail pricing varying from $.99 to $2.99 per track (The equivalent of 80 to 240 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360), with the vast majority selling for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360).
In addition to the 58 songs available on the game disc, Harmonix and MTV Games are offering a robust calendar of new downloadable content including packs, full albums and individual tracks to satiate the desire for constantly refreshed Rock Band content, including:
Rock Band Unlockables :
- Acro-brats "Day Late Dollar Short"
- Anarchy Club "Blood Doll"
- Bang Camaro "Pleasure (Pleasure)"
- Crooked X " Nightmare"
- Death of the Cool "Can't Let Go"
- Flyleaf "I'm So Sick"
- Freezepop "Brainpower"
- Honest Bob "I Get By"
- The Konks "29 Fingers"
- The Mother Hips "Time We Had"
- Timmy & The Lords of the Underworld "Timmy & The Lords of the Underworld"
- Tribe "Outside"
- VAGIANT "Seven"
Rock Band Set List:
In addition to the 45 tracks listed below, Rock Band will also feature 13 songs ranging from a variety of established bands to up-and-coming independent artists that can be unlocked as you play through the game.
Rolling Stones "Gimme Shelter"
Aerosmith "Train Kept a Rollin'"*
The Who "Won't Get Fooled Again"
Boston "Foreplay/Long Time"
Mountain "Mississippi Queen"*
The Police "Next to You"
David Bowie "Suffragette City"
Black Sabbath "Paranoid"*
Blue Oyster Cult "Don't Fear the Reaper"
The Ramones "Blitzkrieg Bop"
Deep Purple "Highway Star"
KISS "Detroit Rock City"
Molly Hatchet "Flirtin' With Disaster"
The Outlaws "Green Grass & High Tides"*
Sweet "Ballroom Blitz"*
Rush "Tom Sawyer"*
Bon Jovi "Wanted Dead or Alive"
The Clash "Should I Stay or Should I Go"
Faith No More "Epic"
R.E.M. "Orange Crush"
Iron Maiden "Run to the Hills"*
Foo Fighters "Learn to Fly"
Metallica "Enter Sandman"
Nirvana "In Bloom"
Stone Temple Pilots "Vasoline"
Weezer "Say It Ain't So"
Smashing Pumpkins "Cherub Rock"
Beastie Boys "Sabotage"
Hole "Celebrity Skin"
Garbage "I Think I'm Paranoid"
Soundgarden "Black Hole Sun"
The Hives "Main Offender"
Queens of the Stone Age "Go With the Flow"
The Strokes "Reptilia"
Jet "Are You Gonna Be My Girl"
OK Go "Here It Goes Again"
Nine Inch Nails "The Hand That Feeds"
Pixies "Wave of Mutilation"
Yeah Yeah Yeahs "Maps"
Red Hot Chili Peppers "Dani California"
Coheed & Cambria "Welcome Home"
Fallout Boy "Dead on Arrival"
The Killers "When You Were Young"
New Pornographers "Electric Version"
* Indicates a cover song, all others songs are original master recordings
- Unrivaled song library! Major record labels and leading music publishers have signed on to provide unrivaled access to master recordings and legendary rock artists – from punk, metal and alternative to classic and southern rock.
- Rock ‘n' Roll Never Dies! Full support for downloadable content delivers never-ending challenges.
- Play together in your living room or across the world! Rock Band™ offers deep online functionality, allowing players to rock together whether they're in Rhode Island or Reykjavik.
- Create your own rock avatar! Mold a unique rocker using Rock Band's character creator. Chose from gender, body shape, face, hair, clothes, tattoos and signature moves. Don't forget to pick your specialized rockin' instrument. Drumming in the spotlight! Showcase a real drum solo with Rock Band's freestyle drum fill windows featured in each song. Break out your own rhythm and style as anything goes!
- Call out the crowd! Vocalists can bring the crowd to their feet during Rock Band's freestyle vocal fill windows. Ad-lib your own words or shout to the crowd to raise the rock intensity of the performance.
- Save your mates! Band mates can fail out of a song for poor performance, but the band still plays on. Rescue your failing mate by busting out signature moves and blistering solos to wow the crowd with showmanship.
- Boost your bonus! Earn bonus points for your band during Rock Band's Unison Phrase opportunities if everyone plays perfectly. A single mistake blows the phrase for everyone.
Rockband, rated T for Teen, is scheduled for Nov. 20, and will cost $169, while PS2 gamers will have to wait until Dec. 18, but can then rock out for $159.99.
Rock Band is slated is also slated for release in Europe in Q1 2008.
More articles about Rock Band